If you are looking for a home or professional air compressor, it’s vital that you be mindful of the environment. The only way to achieve this is by getting the quietest air compressor.
Air compressors are great units that can help you handle domestic or industrial projects depend on their inbuilt power.
While most of these air compressors are pretty powerful, some come with the downside of being loud.
The quietest air compressor is not only good to operate in quiet environments but also prevent ear damage.
- 1 Editor’s Top 3 Picks of Quietest Air Compressors Comparison Chart
- 2 5 Best Quietest Air Compressors Review
- 2.1 1. California Air Tools 10020C Oil-Free Quietest Air Compressor
- 2.2 2. Campbell Hausfeld DC080500 8 Gallon Quietest Air Compressor
- 2.3 3. California Air Tools CAT-4620AC Portable Quietest Air Compressor
- 2.4 4. Hitachi EC28M Oil-Free Portable 1 Gallon 59 Db Quietest Air Compressor
- 2.5 5. Campbell Hausfeld DC040500 Quietest Air Compressor
Editor’s Top 3 Picks of Quietest Air Compressors Comparison Chart
Here are the top picks of quietest air compressor 2018.
Campbell Hausfeld DC080500 8 Gallon Portable Quiet Air Compressor
California Air Tools 10020C Ultra Quiet Powerful Air Compressor
California Air Tools CAT-4620AC Portable Quietest Air Compressor
|Customer Rating||(4.2 / 5)||(4.2 / 5)||(4.2 / 5)|
|Tank||8 gallon||10 gallon||4 gallon|
|PSI||125 PSI max||120 PSI max||125 PSI max|
|CFM||2.4 CFM at 90 PSI||5.30 CFM at 90 PSI||5.30 SCFM at 90 psi|
|Weight||67 pounds||82.5 pounds||67.2 pounds|
|Noise level||68 dBA||70 dBA||70dBA|
|Horsepower||1 HP||2 HP||2 HP|
|Bottom Line||The long tool run time makes Campbell Hausfeld DC080500 a favorite brand. You will be able to do much more work within a short period of time.||California Air Tools 10020C is one of the few air compressors that you can keep it running for long without encountering any problems.||Though California Air Tools 4620AC may not be the best choice for daily job site use, it is very capable of handling other smaller and medium-sized jobs.|
Want to read more reviews? Just scroll down with us.
5 Best Quietest Air Compressors Review
1. California Air Tools 10020C Oil-Free Quietest Air Compressor
Why Taking California Air Tools 10020C Oil-Free Quietest Air Compressor?
The California 10020c air compressor is a silent yet powerful machine.
With only 70dBA, this air compressor sound is almost like a typical human voice. It is among the most silent air compressors you will come across.
With such sound rating, you may be tempted to doubt its power, right?
Well, the truth is that the air compressor offers you sufficient ability to run both your domestic and small professional jobs without any hitches.
The California air tool also has a 10-gallon air tank that is massive but very useful in holding enough power that can operate most of your devices.
The more good news is that despite being so big, the tank only takes 12 seconds to fill up completely.
And that is not all; this air compressor is made of highly durable materials and you are guaranteed to use it for a long time.
Its motor will also not let you down as it operates smoothly at 1680 RMP, you will be assured of enough pressure for small to medium duty jobs.
Better yet, the motor has dual pumping cycle which increases the rate of operation.
Pros and cons of California Air Tools 10020C
- Its compatible with a large number of tools and you can use it on most applications
- You will enjoy a calm working environment due to the ultra-quiet feature
- The wheels and handle make it easy to move around the worksite
- Offers you incredible power that can run a majority of your complex tools
- It provides you with a longer working duration
- You are unlikely to come across any problems in its maintenance
- The pressure regulator fail after a while
- The material of this compressor’s pump is steel, therefore, the chances of corrosion are significantly hiked
- The instructions for its usage are not well documented
The ability of California 100200c quietest air compressor to handle some of the most challenging tasks makes it an absolute hit. Despite its few downfalls, this is a worthy buy
A video about California Air Tools 10020C Oil-Free Quietest Air Compressor:
2. Campbell Hausfeld DC080500 8 Gallon Quietest Air Compressor
Why Taking Campbell Hausfeld DC080500 8 Gallon Quietest Air Compressor?
Campbell Hausfeld DC080500 has an edge over other compressors due to its incredible sound rating of 68 decibels. This low noise level makes it among the quietest air compressors available in the market today.
With this compressor, you will be able to enjoy your operations even in noise prohibited areas without causing disturbances. You can even hold a conversation while operating it.
Another feature that gives this air compressor an edge is its incredible power. It can handle a lot of tasks due to this.
With an 8-gallon tank, this compressor can offer you excellent performance in just one refill.
And more importantly is its dual piston pump that is capable of producing 25%, which is better than its counterparts.
Besides, if you are tired of constant maintenance and cleaning up oil spills, then you are going to love this oil-free air compressor.
Pros and cons of Campbell Hausfeld DC080500
- If you are looking to operate your intermediate tools, you will have an easy time when you go for this compressor.
- The wheels and rubber grip help in making portability a bit easier.
- You will not struggle with the reading of the gauge as it accessible.
- You can use even in the most silent areas without causing the disturbance.
- You can use it even in the worst weathers and terrains conditions.
- Its oil-free pump means you will encounter minimal problems in regard to maintenance.
- The support system is slow in responding to complaints
- The weight may be a bit much to handle on your own
- You may have trouble getting to hold air pressure overnight
What can Campbell Hausfeld DC080500 8 Gallon Quietest Air Compressor be used for?
If you are DIY or contractor, the Campbell Hausfeld DC080500 will help you complete your small and medium tasks quickly.
The quietest air compressor that is also an excellent performer is a wonderful choice for any user.
If these are the qualities you are looking for, then the Campbell Hausfeld DC080500 is the perfect choice for you.
3. California Air Tools CAT-4620AC Portable Quietest Air Compressor
Why Taking California Air Tools CAT-4620AC Portable Quietest Air Compressor?
The reason why the California air compressor is a favorite for both professional and home users is that it’s an ultra-quiet air compressor.
It operates at a noise level of 70 decibels which is lower than the average noise level of the human voice.
Despite this amazing voice rating, this air compressor boasts of a powerful motor which operates at a surprising 1680 RMP.
Its made of aluminum which goes further to ensure the durability of this unit keeps it rolling on for many years without any glitches.
In addition, this quietest air compressor runs on two pistons that are oil-free giving you a more relaxed time on maintenance. The oil-less nature also means that the unit can work in various adverse weathers conditions.
The air compressor two air tanks are very light making it possible for you to move around without breaking your back.
The reason for its portability is quality aluminum material that helps keep the unit light as well as preventing yours from worrying about rusting.
Pros and cons of California Air Tools CAT-4620AC
- You can use it to complete a variety of projects effortlessly
- At 60Dba, it provides a serene working environment
- Has high-quality unit that allows you to enjoy a long operating life
- You will enjoy a longer duty time than most of its counterparts
- An incredibly portable air compressor for easier transportation
- A complete package that you can use immediately after unboxing
- You will be required to hold the manifold with your hands when plugging in the air hose
- You will not be able to use for your large industrial tasks
- After a few use the hose fitting may start leaking
What can California Air Tools CAT-4620AC Portable Quietest Air Compressor be used for?
This quietest air compressor is ideal for DIY enthusiasts as well as small professional tasks. You can use it for framing, roofing, siding and inflation tasks.
Though the product may not be the best choice for daily job site use, it is very capable of handling other smaller and medium-sized jobs.
4. Hitachi EC28M Oil-Free Portable 1 Gallon 59 Db Quietest Air Compressor
Why Taking Hitachi EC28M Oil-Free Portable 1 Gallon 59 Db Quietest Air Compressor?
If you are looking for an air compressor that is taking things to the next level with the low noise level feature, then the Hitachi EC28M is the compressor to consider.
This quietest air compressor reads at a low noise level of 59 decibels which is lower than a typical human voice. This means that you will not need to wear ridiculous looking ear muffs.
Better still, you will not have to worry about angry neighbors knocking on your door because of the high noise level.
Another key feature of this air compressor is its 1-gallon capacity. At 1-gallon, moving the air compressor becomes a breeze. Its tiny size is also an added advantage as it can handle jobs in hash sites or rough terrains.
Besides, it has a roll cage and a thermal overload protector that work on increasing its functional life.
You will also find this quietest air compressor straightforward to use as the valve drain is conveniently placed for easy operation.
Furthermore, it has rubber feet which absorb shock plus promoting the comfortability of operating this unit.
Pros and cons of Hitachi EC28M
- The fact that it has an oil-free pump means that you will have an easy time maintaining it
- It contains high-quality components
- You will not have to worry about vibrations because it has rubber feet that muff them out
- Powerful air compressors that will help you deal with your small and medium-sized tasks
- A stainless steel tank means that you will use the unit for a very long time
- The pressure drops after using it for a short while
- The unit may not start properly if it has not been in use for long
- You will not be able to use it for large industrial jobs
What can Hitachi EC28M Oil-Free Portable 1 Gallon 59 Db Quietest Air Compressor be used for?
Any trim carpenter or DIY will find this quietest air compressor to be particularly useful.
If you are in need of quietest air compressor that will handle all your small tasks and still won’t cause noise havoc in your area, then Hitachi EC28M is the best option.
This sturdy little air compressor is an excellent choice. It is a high performing unit that promises durability as well as minimal noise levels.
5. Campbell Hausfeld DC040500 Quietest Air Compressor
Why Taking Campbell Hausfeld DC040500 Quietest Air Compressor?
What about getting yourself an air compressor that not only has the power but also has lowest noise levels possible?
Campbell Hausfeld DC040500 ticks all the boxes regarding the two features. You can easily use it in areas where minimal noise levels is a must.
This quietest air compressor has a 4.6-gallon capacity giving it a longer working duration.
Besides this, the air compressor has a maintenance-free oil-free pump which not only saves your time but also promotes the productive life of the unit.
This lightweight compressor will also give you an easy time when carrying it around as it weighs a mere 35 Pounds.
Furthermore, its portability is increased by the ergonomic grip handle that helps you move it from one worksite to another.
Pros and cons of Campbell Hausfeld DC040500
- It offers robust power that can handle most tools perfectly
- Its oil-free feature means that you get to enjoy the product for a long time
- You will not need much effort when moving it from one place to another because it has a handle
- Its design ensures that you have an easy time using it
- It has a wide variety of uses making it capable of handling all your jobs efficiently
- You should expect a trouble-free operation with this unit
- The air compressor easily heats when used for heavy-duty industrial tasks
- The pressure regulator may require changing from time to time
- The unit has trouble holding air overnight
What can Campbell Hausfeld DC040500 Quietest Air Compressor be used for?
The Campbell Hausfeld is one of the quietest air compressors that has many versatile uses. You can use it at home, workshop, garage or even small-scale professional jobs.
The fact that it’s a high powered tool makes it a fantastic choice for most air tools. Therefore, if you are a DIY user or a professional, this tool will work well for you.
This quietest air compressor is not only a useful but convenient model that is hard to find faults. It is the perfect image for a powerful yet quiet air compressor.