A mini air compressor is a useful machine that can help you handle your DIY projects quickly and effectively.
If you are looking for a unit to add to your home or professional tool inventory, then a mini air compressor would be the best choice for you.
Mini air compressors are not only easier to transport but they have also proved to be the least challenging when it comes to storage.
- 1 Editor’s Top 3 Picks of Mini Air Compressors Comparison Chart
- 2 9 Best Mini Air Compressors Review
- 2.1 1. California Air Tools CAT-1P1060S Quiet Mini Air Compressor
- 2.2 2. Senco PC1010 1-Horsepower Peak 1/2 hp running 1-Gallon Mini Air Compressor
- 2.3 3. BOSTITCH CAP1512-OF 1.2 Gallon Oil-Free Mini Air Compressor
- 2.4 4. PORTER-CABLE CMB15 1.5 Gallon 2-Pack Oil-Free Mini Air Compressor
- 2.5 5. DEWALT DCC2560 T1FLEXVOLT 2.5 gallon Cordless Mini Air Compressor
- 2.6 6. DEWALT D55146 4.5-Gallon 225-PSI Mini Air Compressor
- 2.7 7. Hitachi EC28M Ultra Quiet 1-Gallon Oil-Free Mini Air Compressor
- 2.8 8. Campbell Hausfeld DC010500 1.3-Gallon Quiet Mini Air Compressor
- 2.9 9. PORTER-CABLE PCFP02003 3.5-Gallon 135 PSI Mini Air Compressor
- 3 The Bottom Line
Editor’s Top 3 Picks of Mini Air Compressors Comparison Chart
We will dig deeper into some of the mini air compressor models available in the market so as to help you make an informed decision.
California Air Tools CAT-1P1060S Quiet Mini Air Compressor
Senco PC1010 1-Horsepower Peak 1/2 hp running 1-Gallon Mini Air Compressor
BOSTITCH CAP1512-OF 1.2 Gallon Oil-Free Mini Air Compressor
|Customer Rating||(4.5 / 5)||(4.3 / 5)||(4.2 / 5)|
|Tank||1 gallon||1 gallon||1.2 gallon|
|PSI||150 PSI max||120 PSI max||150 PSI max|
|CFM||1.20 CFM at 90 PSI||0.7 CFM at 90 PSI||2.8 CFM @ 90 PSI|
|Voltage||110 volts||115 volt||120 volt|
|Noise level||56 dBa||73 dBa||90 dBa|
|Horsepower||0.6 HP||0.5 HP||2.0 HP|
|Bottom Line||The quality and convenience of California Air Tools CAT-1P1060S make it a high standard unit for both DIY-ers and professionals||Senco PC1010 is a handy acquisition for any DIY handyperson who enjoys the occasional home remodeling, crafting or small-scale inflation.||BOSTITCH CAP1512-OF 1.2 is a perfect choice that allows you to deal with your domestic tasks without any problems.|
Want to read more reviews? Just scroll down with us.
9 Best Mini Air Compressors Review
1. California Air Tools CAT-1P1060S Quiet Mini Air Compressor
Why Taking California Air Tools CAT-1P1060S Quiet Mini Air Compressor?
One of the most remarkable mini air compressors is the CAT- IPI060S. This little gem is constructed to be both lightweight and compact.
Weighing at 30 pounds, you will face no challenge moving it from one job location to another. Furthermore, this feature is enhanced by a durable handle.
It is capable of producing compressed air at 1.2CFM @90psi which is more than enough to run staple guns, brad nail gun, finish nail and airbrushes.
You will also love its astonishingly quiet noise levels falling at 56dBA, low enough to operate it but still holding a conversation.
What’s more, it’s powered using 110 voltage which is the same voltage needed for other electric appliances in your home.
This air compressor eliminates the need for oil-spills clean up because of its oil-free pump.
Pros and cons of California Air Tools CAT-1P1060S Quiet Mini Air Compressor
- The air compressor can be used for a wide variety of functions
- Runs at 56dba making it suitable for a quiet environment
- A sturdy design that can work for a very long time
- Has a very long lifespan of up to 3000 hours
- A compact model that is very easy to move around
- Has a high-quality component for lasting performance
- You can use it immediately after unboxing it
- It does not include an air hose in its package
- A small tank that translates to short work duty
- If not cautious you may encounter rusting on the tank after some time
- It’s not powerful enough to operate large air tools
- There is a leak from the tank
What can California Air Tools CAT-1P1060S Quiet Mini Air Compressor be used for?
The California air compressor is a wonderful choice for both DIY-ers and professionals. Its portability makes it a compelling choice.
The quality and convenience of this unit make it a high standard unit. However, you should remember to me an order for an air hose as well.
A video about California Air Tools CAT-1P1060S Quiet Mini Air Compressor:
2. Senco PC1010 1-Horsepower Peak 1/2 hp running 1-Gallon Mini Air Compressor
Why Taking Senco PC1010 1-Horsepower Peak 1/2 hp running 1-Gallon Mini Air Compressor?
The Senco PC1010 will surprise you with the incredible power levels its capable of providing. The tiny unit is creatively designed to give the easiest time when moving it from one site to another.
With 1-gallon tank, you can tell that this air compressor is a lightweight compressor. Besides this, it includes a handle for blissful movement of the unit.
On top of being portable, the air compressor can deliver an impressive maximum pressure of 125 psi. This means that it will work well with most of your light-duty tools.
If you are wondering about the recovery and refill time, then you will be happy to know that it’s pretty fast, and such, you won’t waste time in between operations.
To reduce the amount of time you spend on maintenance the mini air compressor, the unit has an oil-free pump which reduces maintenance cost.
Pros and cons of Senco PC1010 1-Horsepower Peak 1/2 hp running 1-Gallon Mini Air Compressor
- Comes in a compact size that’s easy to store
- Can handle some harsh working conditions
- Weighing 20 pounds carrying it around is super easy
- Has an impressive refill and recovery time
- Maximum pressure of 125psi makes it incredibly powerful
- Can be used on a variety of tasks
- You will not have a difficult time controlling it
- You may notice leakages after a few uses
- It’s quite loud
- Cannot be used in extreme temperatures
- Cannot be used to power large tools
- You may need to change the pressure regulator after a while
What can Senco PC1010 1-Horsepower Peak 1/2 hp running 1-Gallon Mini Air Compressor be used for?
It offers a lot of promises for an enthusiastic DIY or hobbyist. It guarantees power, functionality and maximum efficiency.
The Senco mini air compressor is the perfect selection if you want to finish up your DIY projects. With a little care, you will be more than pleased with this sturdy little compressor.
3. BOSTITCH CAP1512-OF 1.2 Gallon Oil-Free Mini Air Compressor
Why Taking BOSTITCH CAP1512-OF 1.2 Gallon Oil-Free Mini Air Compressor?
Among the top-rated mini air compressor is the BOSTITCH CAP512 which is very compact and light. The highly popular air compressor comes in a dog style design which runs 1 foot across and 15” tall.
Therefore you will not have to worry about the possibility of breaking your back when carrying it from one work site to another.
The 23.5 pounds unit can be transported using the inbuilt handle with absolute ease. Its compact size also reduces the amount of space it occupies in your store.
In addition to its excellent frame, the air compressor is remarkably robust with 2.8CFM at 90 psi which is enough to power small and medium tools.
Such strength also comes with the option of using the two outlets simultaneously without any hitches.
Naturally, it runs on 120 voltage which is the standard current in most homes. To ensure that it can withstand harsh weathers conditions, the unit is well covered to protect its vital components.
Pros and cons of BOSTITCH CAP1512-OF 1.2 Gallon Oil-Free Mini Air Compressor
- A powerful unit that produces top-notch performance
- Can be powered on common electric sockets asking it super convenient
- Its size makes super easy to store
- It can be used in the harshest environments without any problems
- An efficient package that allows you to finish your tasks quickly
- Great design that can take some rough worksite treatment
- You will face no challenges operating it
- With proper care, the unit can serve you for an extended period
- It cannot be used on large jobs
- The pressure control valve may start leaking after a while
- Has loud vibrations when it is working
- It’s pretty loud
- You may also need to change the regulator after a few uses
The air compressor is a perfect choice that allows you to deal with your domestic tasks without any problems.
4. PORTER-CABLE CMB15 1.5 Gallon 2-Pack Oil-Free Mini Air Compressor
Why Taking PORTER-CABLE CMB15 1.5 Gallon 2-Pack Oil-Free Mini Air Compressor
PORTER-CABLE CMB15 is a compelling choice in the mini air compressor list. The unit is fully shrouded meaning that you are protected from overheating parts.
It weighs just 20 pounds, and as such, you will find moving it from one job location to another very easy.
Apart from the 20-pound weight, the capacity of this compressor is only 1.5-gallon which is another plus to its portability.
Equally, this mini air compressor runs at a low amp of 120v which makes it compatible with standard household sockets.
It also uses an oil-free pump which is another plus to reducing the time spent on maintenance.
Pros and cons of PORTER-CABLE CMB15 1.5 Gallon 2-Pack Oil-Free Mini Air Compressor
What can PORTER-CABLE CMB15 1.5 Gallon 2-Pack Oil-Free Mini Air Compressor?
A mini air compressor is an advantageous unit that is capable of handling most small and medium projects without any problems.
It is a versatile air compressor that offers you a great bargain for your money. It should perform exceptionally well for your light domestic tasks.
5. DEWALT DCC2560 T1FLEXVOLT 2.5 gallon Cordless Mini Air Compressor
Why Taking DEWALT DCC2560 T1FLEXVOLT 2.5 gallon Cordless Mini Air Compressor?
The DEWALT DCC2560TI is an impressive mini compressor that holds some outstanding features.
It has engineered weight of 21.5 pounds that make it light hence you can move it around effortlessly.
Despite its small nature, the air compressor has 60v max and 2.5-gallon tank which means it holds enough air allowing you to work on your projects for longer durations.
To enhance its performance, it has a superpower motor that is made even better as its an oil-free pump for easier upkeep.
Even more interesting is its cordless nature which makes it flexible and easier to use.
Another exciting feature about the DEWALT DCC2560T1 is that it has a turn on regulator switch that ensures you get the right psi.
With this unit, you never have to worry about its capabilities because it provides a maximum pressure of 150PSI which is pretty impressive.
It also has a roll cage that protects the unit and its rubber feet. The cage also enhances the stability of the compressor making it more durable.
Pros and cons of DEWALT DCC2560 T1FLEXVOLT Mini Air Compressor
- Comes in a compact little package that is easy to carry
- An easy to maintain unit due to its oil-less pump
- You will love its impressive tiny size
- A complete package that means you can use it immediately after unboxing
- A high-performance unit that offers you great power
- Its cordless meaning that you can use it even in the most remote areas
- You should expect no trouble controlling it
- Comes with a battery and charger for more comfortable use
- You may notice some unpleasant electronic smell when it’s running
- If you are using it in cold areas, you may experience some problems
- Not suitable for quiet regions because it’s pretty loud
- If you remove the battery before shutting off the unit, you may encounter problems getting it to restart
What can DEWALT DCC2560 T1FLEXVOLT 2.5 gallon Cordless Mini Air Compressor be used for?
If you are frequently using small and medium-sized tools in your projects, then this unit is ideal for you. However, if you use large industrial tools, then it may not help you as much.
The Dewalt air compressor is a powerful and efficient tool that is likely to give you an easy time using it. You can expect great satisfaction while using this unit.
A video about DEWALT DCC2560 T1FLEXVOLT 2.5 gallon Cordless Mini Air Compressor:
6. DEWALT D55146 4.5-Gallon 225-PSI Mini Air Compressor
Why Taking DEWALT D55146 4.5-Gallon 225-PSI Mini Air Compressor?
One of the most incredibly portable mini air compressors is the DEWALT D55146.
It is creatively designed unit that makes it more comfortable to carry even when covering long distances. It only weighs 26 pounds.
Better still, it is fitted with wheels that allow you to move it around your work site.
The Dewalt mini air compressor is also designed with storage space in mind. It has a collapsible handle that reduces the amount of space it occupies.
The unit does not cut through by just being lightweight, it’s remarkably powerful going up to 200PSI and with fast recovery time.
It also boasts of a 4.5-gallon tank that provides enough storage capacity to give you the freedom to use two or three outlets simultaneously.
Consequently, keeping it clean is a piece of cake as it has an oil-free pump that requires little to no maintenance.
Pros and cons of DEWALT D55146 4.5-Gallon 225-PSI Mini Air Compressor
- Comes with a solid build that you will like
- A lightweight unit that is easy to carry
- It has a collapsible handle that makes it easy to store
- Gets your projects finished quickly because of its fast recovery time
- You can use it immediately after unboxing
- Combines wheels and a handle which enhance movement
- It’s an efficient air compressor that functions well
- If you are using it frequently, you may encounter some leaks
- The pressure switch gets spoilt after using for an extended period
- It operates at a high noise level
- The handle and wheels combine plastic material that causes breakage and tilting
- The on and off switch may break after some extended period of use
What can DEWALT D55146 4.5-Gallon 225-PSI Mini Air Compressor be used for?
If you need an air compressor with outstanding performance and portability, then this unit is an excellent choice for you.
A mini compressor is a reliable unit whose benefits outweigh its flaws. If you are handling small jobs, this unit will be a success.
7. Hitachi EC28M Ultra Quiet 1-Gallon Oil-Free Mini Air Compressor
Why Taking Hitachi EC28M Ultra Quiet 1-Gallon Oil-Free Mini Air Compressor?
The Hitachi Model is a fantastic mini air compressor. The 1-gallon air compressor is very tiny making it easily portable.
It weighs a mere 25 pounds which should give you no trouble when moving it from one place to another.
You will also not get disappointed when it comes to its power output levels. It reaches up to 125psi maximum pressure which can handle some heavy tasks trouble free.
Another notable feature is that it’s built to provide you with long-lasting performance.
This is evident from the roll cage design and a thermal overload protector which means it will last long because it’s well protected.
What you will love the most about this mini air compressor is the low operating noise which is below 56dBA. This means that the compressor produces lower sounds than a typical human voice which is rated at 60Dba.
Pros and cons of Hitachi EC28M Ultra Quiet 1-Gallon Oil-Free Mini Air Compressor
- A safe unit that is fitted with protection units
- Has a stainless tank for durability
- Shocks absorbing feet help reduce vibrations
- A high-performance tool reaching 125 PSI
- A versatile unit that can be used on many tasks
- Even at zero psi, you will still notice some air flow
- A super-fast machine that offers you great operations
- The pressure drops after a few uses
- You might have trouble starting the unit if it had been stored for long
- Cannot be used to handle large tools
- If left unused for long periods you may have problems starting it
- The support system is not reliable
What can Hitachi EC28M Ultra Quiet 1-Gallon Oil-Free Mini Air Compressor be used for?
The quiet and powerful air compressor is ideal for DIY and small contractors’ jobs, especially in places where noise levels are a significant concern.
One of the most impressive features about the air compressor is its durability, power and low noise levels which makes it a perfect choice.
8. Campbell Hausfeld DC010500 1.3-Gallon Quiet Mini Air Compressor
Why Taking Campbell Hausfeld DC010500 1.3-Gallon Quiet Mini Air Compressor?
If you are looking for a stable and reliable mini air compressor, the Campbell Hausfeld DC010500 is just what you need.
The air compress weighs 29 pounds for easy transportation.
Its revolutionary suitcase design also contributes to this, especially its ergonomic grip handle for carrying it over a reasonable distance. Due to its compact nature, it also takes up minimal footprint as well as storage space.
Furthermore, the air compressor is one of the quietest models in the industry. Producing 68dBA, you can operate without causing noise disturbances.
The oil-free maintenance pump is not just convenient, it goes further to ensure that the compressure is durable.
It displays an excellent performance with a maximum pressure of 125 psi which is ideal for most home uses.
Pros and cons of Campbell Hausfeld DC010500 1.3-Gallon Quiet Mini Air Compressor
- Its suitcase design allows it to be highly portable
- Allows you to enjoy a quiet working environment
- Ideal for a variety of DIY projects due to its high power
- Minimal weight making it easy to carry around
- It has a simple design for an easy time operating it
- An oil-free product that provides you with a long service life
- It comes with a 25 feet air hose for easy use
- It heats up during operations
- You may need to change your pressure regulator frequently
- The unit does not hold air overnight
- Cannot be used with more extensive tools
- You may need to get a larger air compressor for your heavy duty
What can Campbell Hausfeld DC010500 1.3-Gallon Quiet Mini Air Compressor be used for?
The mini air compressor is an excellent addition to your DIY tool inventory. It will help you complete most of your projects efficiently.
The design is fantastic as it makes it convenient for transportation. It is recommended for your small and medium projects.
9. PORTER-CABLE PCFP02003 3.5-Gallon 135 PSI Mini Air Compressor
Why Taking PORTER-CABLE PCFP02003 3.5-Gallon 135 PSI Mini Air Compressor?
The Porters Cable is an exciting little package that delivers top-notch performance.
It has a 3.5-gallon tank air compressor which is designed in a pancake shape making it compact and portable.
It weighs just 26 pounds which makes it even more portable. The tank is large enough to provide you with a long running time to complete your task.
It delivers a whopping 135 maximum psi that can run a majority of your domestic tools efficiently. Better still, the low amp of 120v which means you can use the unit on extension cords without any issues.
Besides this, the mini air compressor has no trouble running even in the most extreme weathers. The fact that you can use it to handle multiple projects is an added advantage.
Pros and cons of PORTER-CABLE PCFP02003 3.5-Gallon 135 PSI Mini Air Compressor
- Its lightweight making moving it around an effortless task
- A high-performance unit that can power a wide range of tools
- Can be used on 120v electric sockets found in homes
- A solid built that can handle some rough treatment
- High-quality components that ensure its durability
- The package comes complete making it convenient to use
- An easy to set up the unit that requires no special skills
- It’s quite loud
- The pressure switch may stop working after a few months of use
- You may have trouble regulating the pressure flowing from the tank to the air hose
- The air hose fittings become loose after a while causing air leakage
- It cannot be used to complete large industrial tasks
This is a sturdy and well-built mini compressor that offers maximum performance. It is, therefore, an excellent choice for your small and medium projects.
The Bottom Line
A mini air compressor is a must-have tool for any DIY and hobbyist.
This is because it combines all the necessary features of power, portability and efficient which ensures that you finish your projects quickly.