Garage air compressor is an indispensable and versatile machine that can help you complete your heavy-duty task in just a few minutes.
The best part about the best garage air compressor is that it can be used with multiple essential air tools in your garage.
The first thing you need to look at when making a choice is the capacity of the air compressor. The capacity will depend heavily on your projects and the type of tools you wish to use.
See the Best Garage Air Compressor Buying Guide HERE
- 1 Editor’s Top 3 Picks of Garage Air Compressors Comparison Chart
- 2 9 Best Garage Air Compressors Review
- 2.1 1. Powermate Vx PLA4708065 80-Gallon Garage Air Compressor
- 2.2 2. Industrial Air IV5076055 5 Hp 60 Gallon Two Stage Garage Air Compressor
- 2.3 3. DeWalt DXCM271.com 27 Gal. 200 Psi Portable Garage Air Compressor
- 2.4 4. Industrial Air IL1682066.MN 20-Gallon Garage Air Compressor
- 2.5 5. Ingersoll-Rand SS3F2-GM 2 Hp 30 Gallon Oiled Garage Air Compressor
- 2.6 6. WEN 2202 20-Gallon Oil-Lubricated Garage Air Compressor
- 2.7 7. Ingersoll Rand COMP AIR 7.5HP 2 STAGE 80-Gallon Garage Air Compressor
- 2.8 8. DeWalt DXCMV5076055 60 Gallon 5 Hp Garage Air Compressor
- 2.9 9. Ingersoll-Rand 2340L5 5 HP 60 Gallon Two-Stage Garage Air Compressor
- 3 Buying Guide
- 4 The Bottom Line
Editor’s Top 3 Picks of Garage Air Compressors Comparison Chart
We will dig deeper into some of garage air compressor models available in the market so as to help you make an informed decision.
Powermate Vx PLA4708065 80-Gallon Garage Air Compressor
Industrial Air IV5076055 5 Hp 60 Gallon Two Stage Garage Air Compressor
DeWalt DXCM271.com 27 Gal. 200 Psi Portable Garage Air Compressor
|Customer Rating||(5 / 5)||(4.5 / 5)||(3.9 / 5)|
|Tank||80 gallon||60 gallon||27 gallon|
|PSI||155 max PSI||175 max PSI||200 max PSI|
|CFM||2.6 CFM at 90 PSI||13.5 CFM at 175 PSI||5.1 CFM at 90 PSI|
|Weight||354 lbs||400 lbs||136 lbs|
|Noise level||83 dBA||70 dBA||78 dBA|
|Voltage||240 V||230 V||120 V|
|Horsepower||4.7 HP||5 HP||1.7 HP|
|Bottom Line||Anyone looking for the perfect high-performance machine for a garage will be very pleased with Powermate Vx PLA4708065 that it’s built to provide sufficient power and for durability.||Industrial Air IV5076055 is designed to handle itself elegantly even when in a harsh working environment which makes it the ideal best garage air compressor.||DeWalt DXCM271.com is ideal for a garage that needs a lot of compressed air to run their air tools. If you tend to work on large projects in your garage, you will love this best garage air compressor.|
Want to read more reviews? Just scroll down with us.
9 Best Garage Air Compressors Review
1. Powermate Vx PLA4708065 80-Gallon Garage Air Compressor
Why Taking Powermate Vx PLA4708065 80-Gallon Garage Air Compressor?
Powermate Vx PLA4708065 ticks all boxes as one of the best garage air compressors in the market today.
This is merely due to the fact that it is a versatile compressor with abilities to work well on most heavy-duty air tools.
Even better, not only will you get adequate power but you will also enjoy a longer continuous working time with minimal interruptions.
This is because the air compressor has an 80-gallon tank capacity that can hold enough air for the largest tools in your garage.
And with 4.7H.P, you are sure of getting the right amount of compressed air to power your air tools. The best part is the unit can power a vast number of devices at the same time.
Pros and cons of Powermate Vx PLA4708065 80-Gallon Garage Air Compressor
- This compressor comes with an assurance of reliable performance
- You will enjoy a more extended faster continuous operation
- The compressor can keep up with the higher air tool demands
- A versatile machine that can handle most of garage air tools
- Comes in a convenient vertical design that reduces the storage space that the device takes up
- The pump features a thermal overload protector to keep it safe
- You may have to engage a professional electrician for the initial setup
- You have to bolt it on the floor as a safety precaution
- The noise levels are quite high
- The pump is oil lubricated which means that it requires maintenance often
- You will need to buy a power cord and a regulator
What it handles includes ratchets, impacts, spray guns, and hammers.
What can Powermate Vx PLA4708065 80-Gallon Garage Air Compressor be used for?
Anyone looking for the perfect high-performance machine for a garage will be very pleased with this air compressor.
The most incredible part about the best garage air compressor is that it’s built to provide sufficient power and for durability.
2. Industrial Air IV5076055 5 Hp 60 Gallon Two Stage Garage Air Compressor
Why Taking Industrial Air IV5076055 5 Hp 60 Gallon Two Stage Garage Air Compressor?
The most befitting words for the Industrial Air IV5076055 is high performance and durability.
These are the features you should be looking for in the best garage air compressor.
Apart from that, this compressor is a two-stage oil lube which will help in ensuring that you have enough power to run a versatile number of your air tools.
To ensure that voltage fluctuations are not causing hitches when you are working, this air compressor has a well-protected motor. This also means that you never have to worry about a little mishandling during operations.
In addition to this, the patent pump design also keeps your unit durable for a longer operation time.
Pros and cons of Industrial Air IV5076055 5 Hp 60 Gallon Two Stage Garage Air Compressor
- Delivers very high power capable of operating a range of air tools
- You will be able to run more than one tool at the same time
- Industrial Air IV5076055 is suitable for a harsh working environment because of inbuilt safety features
- The machine is constructed using a high-quality material for maximum durability
- Industrial Air IV5076055 is a versatile machine that can be used with a majority of your air tools
- A high-performance unit that is very efficient
- Easy to work with and operate
- You may need to install an extension for the drain valve
- Industrial Air IV5076055 is very heavy thus not easily portable
- The drain valve is not easily accessible
- You may encounter air leaks
- Industrial Air IV5076055 requires constant maintenance
Industrial Air IV5076055 can be used to run a majority of tools ranging from nailers, staplers, spray painting, inflators, and air wrench
What can Industrial Air IV5076055 5 Hp 60 Gallon Two Stage Garage Air Compressor be used for?
The air compressor is designed to handle itself elegantly even when in a harsh working environment which makes it the ideal best garage air compressor.
If you are a garage owner, you will find this remarkable air compressor extremely pleasant to work with.
3. DeWalt DXCM271.com 27 Gal. 200 Psi Portable Garage Air Compressor
Why Taking DeWalt DXCM271.com 27 Gal. 200 Psi Portable Garage Air Compressor?
DEWALT dxc271.com is a high-performance unit that will fit in perfectly into the functions of your garage.
This reliable compressor provides a high power of 200 psi which is much more than you will need to complete your projects in the garage.
The DeWalt DXCM271.com also comes with an oil-free pump for convenience where you will not be required to perform maintenance.
This compressor also operates on a low amp which means that you will be able to start your machine even when it’s extremely cold.
This also eliminates the need to change the electrical wiring in your garage.
Pros and cons of DeWalt DXCM271.com 27 Gal. 200 Psi Portable Garage Air Compressor
- DeWalt DXCM271.com is a peak performer due to its high air flow
- The low start amp ensures that you have no problem using it with your extension cords
- DeWalt DXCM271.com is a high-quality unit that’s very durable
- A convenient oil-free pump reduces maintenance costs
- You will not have problems storing the air compressor due to the incredibly compact design
- You can use it on a wide range of projects
- DeWalt DXCM271.com is easy to start even in cold weather
- DeWalt DXCM271.com is a noisy unit at 78dBA
- Weighs a massive 136 pounds making it difficult to transport
- The bottom drain valve is quite tricky to operate
- You may have to deal with leaks from the regulator
- DeWalt DXCM271.com is not suitable for large industrial air tools
DeWalt DXCM271.com can be used with large projects such as air impact wrench, sanders, spray painting e.t.c
What can DeWalt DXCM271.com 27 Gal. 200 Psi Portable Garage Air Compressor be used for?
The air compressor is ideal for a garage that needs a lot of compressed air to run their air tools. If you tend to work on large projects in your garage, you will love this best garage air compressor.
4. Industrial Air IL1682066.MN 20-Gallon Garage Air Compressor
Why Taking Industrial Air IL1682066.MN 20-Gallon Garage Air Compressor?
Industrial Air ILI682066.MN is one of the excellent models for the best garage air compressor.
The massiveness of Industrial Air ILI682066.MN means that it is a powerful compressor with a whopping storage tank rated at 20 gallons, which can draw up large amounts of power within a very short period.
This compressor has an efficient heavy duty motor which is known for its maximum performance.
Better yet, the air compressor has a dual voltage motor where it can be run on the standard 120v and can also be converted to 240v.
Industrial Air ILI682066.MN is equipped with a pressure gauge and an on and off switch that makes it very effortless to use.
Pros and cons of Industrial Air IL1682066.MN 20-Gallon Garage Air Compressor
- You will have no trouble setting it up
- You will enjoy a quiet working environment
- This air compressor is versatile and has a wide applications
- Materials used for its construction are of high-quality materials hence makes it a very durable
- This compressor is straightforward to use which means you will encounter no challenge in your operation
- You can use the compressor immediately after unboxing
- This model is a high-performance can do well with a wide range of your air tools
- A heavy and cumbersome unit
- You will need to follow a break in process
- The device tends to have a lot of airflow from the bottom
- Requires a lot of storage room and space
- You cannot use it on extensive air tools
The unit can be used to power impact wrenches, stapler, paint sprayer, nailer and many more
What can Industrial Air IL1682066.MN 20-Gallon Garage Air Compressor be used for?
The air compressor is just what you need if you have some heavy duty projects in your garage.
5. Ingersoll-Rand SS3F2-GM 2 Hp 30 Gallon Oiled Garage Air Compressor
Why Taking Ingersoll-Rand SS3F2-GM 2 Hp 30 Gallon Oiled Garage Air Compressor?
The most incredible things about the Ingersoll SS3F2 is that it is a reliable and very easy to use.
Ingersoll-Rand SS3F2-GM is built using high-quality material which means that it will give you extended services for a very long time.
This compressor also incorporates other incredible features such as belt guard and a thermal overload protector that help keep your investment safe even when its exposed to the harsh working environment.
Creative design of Ingersoll-Rand SS3F2-GM features an ergonomic handle and tires that makes it portable within the garage.
Pros and cons of Ingersoll-Rand SS3F2-GM 2 Hp 30 Gallon Oiled Garage Air Compressor
- A user-friendly compressor that’s quite easy to control
- You will enjoy it is durability because this is a high-quality compressor
- You will not experience problems moving this machine because of its portable design
- For easy access to the power source, it comes with a 6 feet power cord
- Setting up this air compressor is an effortless process
- Ingersoll-Rand SS3F2-GM comes in a creative and compact design that is easy to store
- A high-performance compressor that works well with a high number of your air tools
- The support system is not easy to contact
- After a while, the unit tends to develop a leak
- You will need to make a different purchase for the oil
- You will need to provide regular maintenance because it has an oil lubricated pump
It can power impact guns, grinders, ratchets, drills, paint sprayers, nailers, sanders and more.
What can Ingersoll-Rand SS3F2-GM 2 Hp 30 Gallon Oiled Garage Air Compressor be used for?
If you are looking for the best garage air compressor to handle even the most complex of your tasks, then the Ingersoll unit will come in handy.
The high-end quality air compressor is perfect for garage use because it will provide you with excellent service for a longer time.
6. WEN 2202 20-Gallon Oil-Lubricated Garage Air Compressor
Why Taking WEN 2202 20-Gallon Oil-Lubricated Garage Air Compressor?
If you want the best garage air compressor that will ensure that you get your tasks completed in time, then WEN 20 gallon brand is the answer.
The compressor has a high tank capacity that will work on reducing the time and effort you use refilling the tank.
This high-performance compressor provides high power reaching 135psi which is enough compressed air to run your large air tools.
Better yet, moving WEN 2202 around on your own is easy because it has wheels.
Besides, this air compressor also promises a long, productive life that ensures that you enjoy your investment for a very long time.
Pros and cons of WEN 2202 20-Gallon Oil-Lubricated Garage Air Compressor
- You will enjoy easy movement because it has a creative design with wheels and handles
- This high-performance compressor does an outstanding job with most projects
- WEN 2202 is a durable compressor that is built with high-quality material
- You will face no challenges using WEN 2202 in cold weathers
- The air compressor has a thermal overload protector that helps in keeping your unit safe
- Setting up the machine is a straightforward affair that does not require exceptional skills
- For the attachments, you will need to make a separate purchase
- It’s a little loud
- You may encounter a problem when using the regulator
- The compressor may not handle your larger air tools
- A bit heavy air compressor
You can plug in nailers, spray guns staplers, or any other pneumatic tool.
What can WEN 2202 20-Gallon Oil-Lubricated Garage Air Compressor be used for?
If you are planning on engaging in some serious projects in your garage, the WEN air compressor is one of the best choices you can make.
7. Ingersoll Rand COMP AIR 7.5HP 2 STAGE 80-Gallon Garage Air Compressor
Why Taking Ingersoll Rand COMP AIR 7.5HP 2 STAGE 80-Gallon Garage Air Compressor?
Another worthy contender to the list of best garage air compressor is the Ingersoll Rand.
This impressive compressor promises astonishing power and efficiency as well as a long continuous working time with the 80-gallon tank.
It also has a 5H.P motor that will provide you with continuous compressed air for a very long time to allow your handle your industrial tasks without any challenges.
The creative design helps you save up on a lot of storage space.
Pros and cons of Ingersoll Rand COMP AIR 7.5HP 2 STAGE 80-Gallon Garage Air Compressor
- Ingersoll Rand COMP AIR has high power output to handle your large air tools
- It comes with a conveniently placed drainage valve for easy maintenance
- The compressor is constructed using a high-quality material for a longer operating life
- Delivers a consistent running power for a longer time
- You will also be able to use this machine immediately after unboxing
- You will experience no trouble in operating and controlling this compressor
- Assembling for the first time can be a problem
- Frequent maintenance is required to keep it in good condition
- A massive unit that’s not easy to transport
- A bit loud air compressor
- You may notice an unpleasant electrical smell
You can use it with nailers, inflators, staplers or spray guns
What can Ingersoll Rand COMP AIR 7.5HP 2 STAGE 80-Gallon Garage Air Compressor be used for?
This air compressor is an incredible choice for your large industrial projects because it provides a lot of compressed air.
8. DeWalt DXCMV5076055 60 Gallon 5 Hp Garage Air Compressor
Why Taking DeWalt DXCMV5076055 60 Gallon 5 Hp Garage Air Compressor?
Dewalt has managed to claim a spot as one of the top-notch brands in the industry with their heavy duty two stage oil lube.
This industrial tool produces more than enough power to run your large devices which makes it a top choice for the best garage air compressor.
DeWalt DXCMV5076055 comes with a patent pump design which provides you with a cool operating system as well as a thermal regulator.
The regulator helps in preventing overload and in keeping the temperatures constant even when the voltage is fluctuating.
Besides this, it’s effortless to use and operate this compressor as it has an off and on the switch and an easily accessible pressure gauge.
The tank capacity reaches 60 gallons which means that you will be able to enjoy a longer continuous working time even with your most extensive tools.
Pros and cons of DeWalt DXCMV5076055 60 Gallon 5 Hp Garage Air Compressor
- DeWalt DXCMV5076055 offers enough power for running the most demanding tools
- You will not encounter heating issues because its patent pump provides a cool working system
- DeWalt DXCMV5076055 design make it suitable for a harsh work site
- The thermal overload protector helps keep your compressor safe
- DeWalt DXCMV5076055 is a high-quality compressor and very durability
- You will also have an effortless time controlling this compressor
- Its automatic drain reduces maintenance cost
- DeWalt DXCMV5076055 is not easily portable
- You may encounter rusting after using it for a while
- You will need to make a separate purchase for the oil
- If not set up carefully it tends to leak
- You will need to give it regular maintenance
It can be used to power inflators, paint sprayer, impact wrench, and nailers.
What can DeWalt DXCMV5076055 60 Gallon 5 Hp Garage Air Compressor be used for?
The 60-gallon air compressor will help you work with the most extensive tools in your garage with the utmost ease. Therefore, you will find it easy to use even in the toughest work site.
9. Ingersoll-Rand 2340L5 5 HP 60 Gallon Two-Stage Garage Air Compressor
Why Taking Ingersoll-Rand 2340L5 5 HP 60 Gallon Two-Stage Garage Air Compressor?
Ingersoll Rand 2340L5 air compressor is a cleverly designed unit that delivers a lot of power for your air tools.
The 60-gallon air compressor ensures that you have a high maximum pressure that you can rely on for efficiency and high performance.
The best part your projects and the most robust application will be a no match for your machine. You will also not have any problem finding a power source outlet.
Another fascinating feature is the low noise level that is very low compared to the power and size of this air compressor.
You can, therefore, enjoy a calm working environment even in the quietest working environment.
Pros and cons of Ingersoll-Rand 2340L5 5 HP 60 Gallon Two-Stage Garage Air Compressor
- Ingersoll-Rand 2340L5 is a quiet compressor for a calm working environment
- It is a durable compressor due to the high-quality construction material
- This machine provides a high power output
- The 8o gallon tank will give a more extended working duty for your projects
- This compressor comes with all the necessary attachments
- The assembly and wiring is very easy
- A high-quality air compressor that works for a longer time
- Ingersoll-Rand 2340L5 has an unreliable pressure switch
- You will have to purchase oil separately
- The customer care support system is unresponsive
- The written instruction manual is not written clearly
- You may need to use anti-vibration pads to reduce noise
The machine can be used on impact wrenches, sanders, staplers, inflators, nailers and paint sprayer.
What can Ingersoll-Rand 2340L5 5 HP 60 Gallon Two-Stage Garage Air Compressor be used for?
If you have numerous projects that require a lot of compressed air, then this 60-gallon compressor is the optimum best garage air compressor for you.
This is one of the few units that will give you a lasting operation time when given a little care and maintenance.
The following are the factors to consider when going for the best air compressor for a garage
The best garage air compressor needs to be able to handle your heavy-duty tasks as well as your regular duty tools.
Additionally, to ensure that you do not have to move your air compressor too much you may need to go for an air compressor that allows you to add extensions to the initial hose.
The best air compressor for a garage is one that does not take up too much space.
It should be one that can be kept within use but far away from the extremely busy garage workspace.
Tasks to be accomplished
To ensure that you get the best garage air compressor you need to ask yourself the following question. Which tools do you plan to use on your air compressor?
This will help you gauge the level of output that your air tools require.
Remember if you have an extensive collection of air tools or if you need a higher compressed air capacity then a larger air compressor model will work perfectly.
If your tools require minimal compressed air, then a small air compressor will be a perfect fit for you.
The Bottom Line
Getting the best garage air compressor is as easy as gauging your compressed air requirements for your tools and the ability of the machine to deliver.
The above list will ensure that you get an air compressor model that can handle your needs.