If you are a DIY-er, hobbyist or professional contractor and searching for an air compressor, then an electric air compressor would be a perfect fit for you.
An electric air compressor is not only versatile but also helps in cutting down energy consumption and, therefore, saving you a few bucks.
However, there are numerous electric air compressors in the market and some don’t live up to expectations.
- 1 Editor’s Top 3 Picks of Electric Air Compressors Comparison Chart
- 2 9 Best Electric Air Compressors Review
- 2.1 1. DEWALT DWFP55126 6-Gallon 165 PSI Electric Air Compressor
- 2.2 2. California Air Tools 10020C Ultra Quiet Electric Air Compressor
- 2.3 3. California Air Tools 8010 Ultra Quiet Electric Air Compressor
- 2.4 4. Bostitch U/BTFP02012 6 Gallon 150 PSI Electric Air Compressor
- 2.5 5. Campbell Hausfeld DC060500 6-Gallon Quiet Electric Air Compressor
- 2.6 6. Campbell Hausfeld DC080500 6-Gallon Quiet Electric Air Compressor
- 2.7 7. Hitachi KNT50AB 6-Gallon Electric Air Compressor Combo Kit
- 2.8 8. Excell U256PPE 1.5 Hp 6 Gallon Electric Air Compressor
- 2.9 9. Campbell Hausfeld AF011400 100 PSI Electric Air Compressor
- 3 The Bottom Line
Editor’s Top 3 Picks of Electric Air Compressors Comparison Chart
We will dig deeper into some of Electric Air Compressors available in the market so as to help you make an informed decision.
DEWALT DWFP55126 6-Gallon 165 PSI Electric Air Compressor
California Air Tools 10020C Ultra Quiet Electric Air Compressor
California Air Tools 8010 Ultra Quiet Electric Air Compressor
|Customer Rating||(4.2 / 5)||(4.2 / 5)||(4.3 / 5)|
|Tank||6 gallon||10 gallon||8 gallon|
|PSI||165 PSI max||120 PSI max||120 PSI max|
|CFM||1.06 CFM at 90 PSI||5.30 CFM at 90 PSI||2.20 CFM at 90 PSI|
|Weight||30 lbs||82.5lbs||48 lbs|
|Noise level||75.5 dBa||70 dBA||60 dBA|
|Horsepower||0.9 HP||2.0 HP||1 HP|
|Bottom Line||DEWALT DWFP55126 is a highly effective air compressor with many accessories to enhance the performance of the air compressor.||California Air Tools 10020C is one of the few air compressors that you can keep it running for long without encountering any problems.||California Air Tools 8010 an excellent choice for anyone looking for a robust and quiet tool.|
Want to read more reviews? Just scroll down with us.
9 Best Electric Air Compressors Review
1. DEWALT DWFP55126 6-Gallon 165 PSI Electric Air Compressor
Why Taking DEWALT DWFP55126 6-Gallon 165 PSI Electric Air Compressor?
If you are looking for an electric air compressor that does not disappoint then the DEWALT DWFP55126 is the answer.
The exceptional unit has a powerful electric motor that gives you an easy time when starting the machine even in cold weather.
Furthermore, it requires a 12v electrical outlet meaning that you can use it on your extension cords without a problem.
Besides, the unit is a powerful unit that enables you to finish your projects faster and more efficiently.
The 30 pounds weight ensures that moving the machine from one outlet to another is easy.
Pros and cons of DEWALT DWFP55126 6-Gallon 165 PSI Electric Air Compressor
- It is ideal for handling most of your small jobs
- It comes in a compact design that easy to carry around
- Provides no challenge controlling it
- You can use it immediately after receiving it
- An oil-free pump that is easy to maintain
- Has an auto turn off design
- Has two outlets that can be used to run separate tools simultaneously
- You may notice leaking from the hose fitting after sometime
- The pressure regulator may need to be changed after sometime
- You have to make a separate purchase for couplings
- The console may be out of place
- Sometimes the auto shut off may be defective
What can DEWALT DWFP55126 6-Gallon 165 PSI Electric Air Compressor be used for?
If what you need is a unit that can handle small projects, then e Dewalt air compressor will provide this and much more.
Despite having a few setbacks, the Dewalt DWFP55126 poses some incredible features that make it a worthwhile purchase.
2. California Air Tools 10020C Ultra Quiet Electric Air Compressor
Why Taking California Air Tools 10020C Ultra Quiet Electric Air Compressor?
The California air tool is a powerful electric air compressor that is more than capable of running both your domestic and small professional applications blissfully.
The unit is one of the best electric air compressors because it is straightforward to operate and fast to start.
The dual action pump runs smoothly at 1680 RMP which ensures that it lasts for a very long time.
Pros and cons of California Air Tools 10020C Ultra Quiet Electric Air Compressor
- Has a quick refill and recovery time for faster completion of projects
- It can be used on a variety of tools
- The unit is very quiet making it suitable for low noise level areas
- A high performing unit that produces sufficient air
- A convenient unit that requires little maintenance
- Helps you save on energy as it runs on electricity
- The steel material used in construction is prone to corrosion
- A bulky unit that not easy to transport
- You will need to purchase a hose separately
What can California Air Tools 10020C Ultra Quiet Electric Air Compressor be used for?
This air compressor is perfect for both beginners and experts because of its idle applications.
The electric air compressor has very few flaws but taking into account its robust power, it is an incredible unit to consider.
A video about California Air Tools 10020C Ultra Quiet Electric Air Compressor:
3. California Air Tools 8010 Ultra Quiet Electric Air Compressor
Why Taking California Air Tools 8010 Ultra Quiet Electric Air Compressor?
One of the quietest electric air compressors is the California 8010. It reads at a noise level of 60 decibels which is equivalent to the average human voice.
It runs at 7.6 AMP which is low enough to work on standard electric sockets as well as giving you an easy time when starting it.
The unit operates at an incredible 1680RMP meaning you will manage your household tools with absolute ease.
Its dual piston system also helps increase its performance and durability.
Pros and cons of California Air Tools 8010 Ultra Quiet Electric Air Compressor
- It can be used in all weathers
- It can be used right off the box
- Offers low noise levels for a quiet operation
- An oil-free pump reduces the frequency of maintenance
- It is a high-performance unit
- Can be used on a wide variety of projects
- The refill time is long
- It leans towards the heavier side
- You may encounter leakage problem after sometime
What can California Air Tools 8010 Ultra Quiet Electric Air Compressor be used for?
If you are looking for an electric air compressor for your home, store or office, then you will find none better than the California 8010.
Anyone looking for a robust and quiet air compressor will have a blast with the California best electric air compressor.
4. Bostitch U/BTFP02012 6 Gallon 150 PSI Electric Air Compressor
Why Taking Bostitch U/BTFP02012 6 Gallon 150 PSI Electric Air Compressor?
Bostitch U/BTFP02012is one of the most remarkable electric air compressors in the market.
Electricity being a reliable source of energy, it means that this compressor can be relied upon. Better still, it’s highly efficient motor can be used even in the coldest environments without issues.
You will also be impressed with this pump because it’s oil-free, giving you maintenance free product.
The small sized air compressor is incredibly powerful packing 2.8 CFM at 90 PSI. This is enough power to run small tools in minimal time. It’s small size also makes this compressor easy to move around.
Even better, this unit is very durable. It is built with high-quality material which makes it a long-lasting unit.
Pros and cons of Bostitch U/BTFP02012 6 Gallon 150 PSI Electric Air Compressor
- It helps you save on energy costs
- A convenient unit that eliminates cleanups and maintenance
- An excellent quality set that means it will last a long time
- Works efficiently for small projects
- It is easily portable
- You will be able to use it right off the box
- Has two outlets which come in handy when you need to use two air tools
- Does not come with a comprehensive tool manual
- It cannot be used for large industrial tasks
- You need to wear ear muffs when operating it
- The valve can easily break
- You may have trouble regulating the pressure
What can Bostitch U/BTFP02012 6 Gallon 150 PSI Electric Air Compressor be used for?
The electric air compressor is ideal for DIY and professionals who want a unit that works well with their small air tools.
The Bostich electric air compressor is a convenient unit that is ideal for all your indoor projects.
5. Campbell Hausfeld DC060500 6-Gallon Quiet Electric Air Compressor
Why Taking Campbell Hausfeld DC060500 6-Gallon Quiet Electric Air Compressor?
Campbell 6 gallon electric air compressor gives you all the power you need while allowing you to save up some coins on energy usage.
It produces 125 maximum compressed air which is higher compared to its counterparts.
If you are concern about the noise level in your work area, then you will love this unit because it produces 68Dba only.
The lightweight machine weighs 38 pounds and has an ergonomic design making it easy to move from one point to another.
Pros and cons of Campbell Hausfeld DC060500 6-Gallon Quiet Electric Air Compressor
- Comes with a 17 piece accessory kit for more comfortable use
- It is a compact design that makes it a lightweight unit
- A high-performance unit that releases 25% more compressed air
- A quiet machine that produces a mere 68Dba
- An oil-free pump that requires no maintenance
- Comes in a vertical design that reduces the footprint when working
- The 50 feet long means that you are not limited when it comes to the work area
- You can use it right off after unboxing
- Cannot be used with large tools
- The knob tends to malfunction after some time
- The 50 feet hose does not come with a storage bag
What can Campbell Hausfeld DC060500 6-Gallon Quiet Electric Air Compressor be used for?
If you love working indoors, then this air compressor is an excellent choice because it’s an electrically powered air compressor and extremely quiet.
This Campbell model is one of the best electric air compressors that will prove to be very useful.
6. Campbell Hausfeld DC080500 6-Gallon Quiet Electric Air Compressor
Why Taking Campbell Hausfeld DC080500 6-Gallon Quiet Electric Air Compressor?
This is yet another incredibly powerful electric air compressor. The 1 HP motor runs on electricity from your usual household electrical sockets which make it super convenient.
Its dual piston pump produces 25% more air than other units in its category. Therefore, it allows you to perform your small and medium tasks without any hiccups.
Even better is the fact that the device runs at 68 decibels which makes considerably quieter than other compressors. You will have no trouble using it in quiet environments.
Pros and cons of Campbell Hausfeld DC080500 6-Gallon Quiet Electric Air Compressor
- Operates intermediate tools comfortably
- An oil-free pump for a maintenance free unit
- It offers a longer running time for your tools
- Easy time starting the compressor even in extreme weather is easy
- It provides a quiet working environment
- A high-quality unit built for durability
- Has wheels and handle for ease of movement
- An accessible gauge for easy reading
- 67 pounds it’s quite heavy
- The 8-gallon tank takes time to fill up
- It’s not easy to store
What can Campbell Hausfeld DC080500 6-Gallon Quiet Electric Air Compressor be used for?
The Campbell Hausfeld DCO80500 is perfect for DIYers and contractors who wish to work for extended periods.
Its power and the long run time makes it a favorite electric air compressor brand.
7. Hitachi KNT50AB 6-Gallon Electric Air Compressor Combo Kit
Why Taking Hitachi KNT50AB 6-Gallon Electric Air Compressor Combo Kit?
Hitachi KNT50AB is a powerful and efficient air compressor that falls in the category of best electric air compressors.
The Hitachi is powered by electricity adding to its convenience and the safety of your operation. This also ensures that it produces less noise for a much calmer working environment.
The high-performance unit generates a whopping maximum pressure of 150 PSI which is capable of running numerous tools.
On top of this, it has a pancake design that adds to its portability and easy storage.
Pros and cons of Hitachi KNT50AB 6-Gallon Electric Air Compressor Combo Kit
- A lightweight unit that is incredibly portable
- Produces low noise level for a quiet working area
- The package combines a combo kit for easier use
- Provides a fast and powerful performance
- The design is built with your safety in mind
- Has dual outlet which allows using two tools at the same time
- The nailer tends to get jammed often
- Has some plastic parts that may fall off after some time
- It leaves a little mark under the nail head
- The safety causes inconsistent nail depths
What can Hitachi KNT50AB 6-Gallon Electric Air Compressor Combo Kit be used for?
This electric air compressor is a high-quality unit that offers you great power at a reduced running cost.
The air compressor manages to stand out because of its superior features which will make a great buy.
A video about Hitachi KNT50AB 6-Gallon Electric Air Compressor Combo Kit:
8. Excell U256PPE 1.5 Hp 6 Gallon Electric Air Compressor
Why Taking Excell U256PPE 1.5 Hp 6 Gallon Electric Air Compressor?
TheExcell U256PPE is another deserving unit on the list of the best electric air compressors.
It has a low voltage startup of 64v which makes it ideal when you want to save on energy. The low amp also makes it perfect for cold regions as you will experience no problems getting it to work.
Better still, the conveniently placed control panel makes the unit easy to operate.
The compressor is built with quality in mind as the motor and pump are well-covered meaning. Therefore, it will be able to handle some roughness without any problems.
Pros and cons of Excell U256PPE 1.5 Hp 6 Gallon Electric Air Compressor
- Suitable for light duty tasks
- It is a solid unit that offers incredible balance
- A high-performance model
- It can handle a tough working environment without any problems
- A lightweight model that’s highly portable
- The oil-free unit eliminates the need for maintenance
- Comes assembled and ready for use
- It’s a bit noisy
- The kit does not include a quick connecting adapter
- Cannot be used with large air tools
- The cord is a bit short compared to other models
- The plug does not have a molded part to clip it
What can Excell U256PPE 1.5 Hp 6 Gallon Electric Air Compressor be used for?
This electric air compressor is a decent unit that will help you take care of all your air compressor projects without any hitches.
The air compressor is designed to offer you the longest service time because it has a cover that protects its vital components.
9. Campbell Hausfeld AF011400 100 PSI Electric Air Compressor
Why Taking Campbell Hausfeld AF011400 100 PSI Electric Air Compressor?
The Powerhouse digital inflator is a little monster that can complete all you inflation tasks efficiently.
The electrically powered motor can pump up to 100PSI which can inflate your equipment more easily.
Better yet, you can plug it into any 12v outlet which makes it very convenient even when dealing with emergencies.
Furthermore, it has a digital interface that’s very friendly to use and enables you to set pressure to the levels your desire.
It will also turn off automatically when it hits the desired pressure. It’s also very compact making it very easy to carry around.
Pros and cons of Campbell Hausfeld AF011400 100 PSI Electric Air Compressor
- Performs efficiently and quickly
- Easy to handle and operate
- A lightweight unit for easy transport
- Works on 12v electric outlets
- Comes with storage for the power cord and the air hose
- A high-quality tool that lasts for a very long time
- You can use even in extremely cold weather
- The air does not hold up for a long time
- It’s quite noisy
- You may find the on and off switch to be defective
- The motor gets very hot after just a short use
- You may have a problem attaching the clamp
What can Campbell Hausfeld AF011400 100 PSI Electric Air Compressor be used for?
If you are looking for powerful portable electric powered inflators, then the powerhouse is a remarkable choice for you.
The inflating unit is among the top rated tools that can be used on an electric outlet without any problem. For this reason, it’s a wonderful bargain.
The Bottom Line
Every DIYer or professional should ensure that they add the best electric air compressor to their tool inventory.
This will not only help save on energy costs but also have a comfortable operation.