Most people find it hard to choose the best unit of an air compressor on the market. In any case, there are many brands and models that one can choose from. This article reviews the best five choices of the Bostitch air compressor.
Speaking about the best choices, the Bostitch brand has taken over the air compressor industry by storm.
More importantly, it provides high-performance units that come in various designs and sizes. Indeed these units are designed to last longer and have some of the best features you can get in an air compressor.
As a matter of fact, the best air compressors are compact in nature and contains high-efficiency motors. They also have some of the most efficient designs that makes them easier to store and move around with.
Above all, they contain all the necessary tools required to get the job done.
The table below highlights some of the differences and similarities between the 5 best choices.
|Image||Product Name||Item Weight||Noise Level||User Rating||Action|
|Bostitch BTFP02012 6 Gallon 150 PSI Oil-Free Best Air Compressor||33.0 Pounds||78.5 dBA||View on Amazon|
|BOSTITCH BTFP72646 3-Tool Compressor Combo Kit||46.1 Pounds||80.0 dBA||View on Amazon|
|BOSTITCH BTFP3KIT 3-Tool and Compressor Combo Kit||43.6 Pounds||78.5 dBA||View on Amazon|
|BOSTITCH CAP1512-OF 1.2 Gallon Oil-Free High-Output Trim Compressor||23.5 Pounds||90.0 dBA||View on Amazon|
|BOSTITCH BTFP02012-WPK 6-Gallon 150 PSI Oil-Free Compressor Kit||31.6 Pounds||78.5 dBA||View on Amazon|
1. Bostitch BTFP02012 6 Gallon 150 PSI Oil-Free Best Air Compressor:
This is the best Bostitch air compressor, particularly for home use purposes. It comes with the following features and functionalities:
Low Noise level:
Most air compressors can get quite noisy and competes at the same level with an average lawnmower.
Among the pancake style air compressors, this unit stands out because of its low noise levels.
Its operational noise level is about 78.5 dBA which makes it an ideal choice for a quiet work environment.
This unit comes with a 6-gallon tank which is sufficient enough to meet most air compressor needs.
In terms of pressure, the tank has the capacity to store up to 150 PSI. While operating at 2.6 SCFM, the pump is able to deliver about 90 PSI.
The fact that this unit has a highly efficient motor means that it can be easily operated in different weather conditions.
It also has the capacity to work with both small and large extension cords. Moreover, the unit weighs just about 30 pounds making it easy to move around with.
High flow regulator:
In order to maximize the air tool performance, this model comes with a high flow regulator. There are also two universal couplers that can support two users in an easier way.
To facilitate increased protection, the main part of the compressor has been heavily shrouded.
- This is a great quality product.
- It fills up quickly from an empty tank.
- Despite its large capacity, the unit has a small footprint.
- The pump is maintenance-free, oil-free and long-lasting.
- Quick recovery time and minimal vibrations.
- Has a handle which enables easier transportation.
- It comes with a high-quality PVC hose.
- The horsepower capability is low measuring just 0.8 hp.
- In comparison to other air compressors, it’s slightly noisy.
- Has a considerable amount of plastic in its construction.
Who is it built for?
2. BOSTITCH BTFP72646 3-Tool Air Compressor Combo Kit
Notably, this is a great compressor and just the right size that a home DIY person would need. It is not only versatile but also reasonably priced.
Some of its great features and functionalities include:
Speaking about the tank, this unit comes with a 6-gallon tank which is oil-free. This makes it easy to use and also needs little maintenance.
In terms of dimensions, the tank weighs about 33 pounds and has a diameter of 14 inches.
The compressor has the capacity to deliver close to 2.6 SCFM at a maximum pressure of 150 PSI. With a noise level of 80 dBA, this compressor is relatively quiet and fits perfectly well in different work environments.
Onsite control panel:
In order to shield the vital compressor components against harsh working conditions, the unit comes with this feature.
This makes it a perfect fit for trim finish applications. This includes installing cabinetry, moldings, window, and door casings.
This compressor uses an aluminum design which gives it superior, long-lasting, and robust properties. In purchasing this unit, you get a superior 16-gauge straight finish nailer and a depth adjustable 18-gauge brad nailer.
Crown Finish Stapler:
A dual trigger design has been used to make a heavy duty crown stapler with a capacity to drive 3/8-inch staples.
Actually, this stapler is lightweight and compatible with both the brad nails and T50 staples. A low fastener indicator has been included to indicate the reloading time.
- Great quality compressor for a DIY guy.
- A lightweight aluminum design that is long-lasting.
- Has three quality nail guns that work flawlessly.
- Nice combo kit that includes a maintenance-free pump.
- It is convenient to use.
- The product manual has clear instructions.
- Easy to move around with.
- The included hose is short and may need replacement.
- It is slightly loud with 80 dBA of operational noise.
- The nail guns tend to jam easily.
Who is it built for?
3. BOSTITCH BTFP3KIT 3-Tool and Air Compressor Combo Kit
This is a Bostitch air compressor kit that contains several components.
They include BTFP02012 pancake compressor, 18-gauge brad nailer, 16-gauge finish nailer, 3/8-inch crown stapler, and a 15-foot air hose.
Specifically, it comes with the following features and functionalities.
This compressor has a 0.9 hp motor and a setting of 2.6 SCFM. Similarly, the unit can deliver pressure values of between 90 and 150 PSI.
It also allows you to set a cut-in pressure of say 120 PSI. Having a high-efficiency motor makes it possible to enjoy a long tool run time and quick recovery.
As a matter of fact, this unit comes with an oil-free, long-life, and maintenance-free pump. All you need to do is to empty the tank every time you use in order to prolong its life.
Instead of the usual drain cock or valve, a knurled knob has been placed at the bottom side of the tank.
Low noise level:
This is a relatively quiet compressor when compared to other 6-gallon units on the market.
The operational noise level is 78.5 dBA which is good enough for most residential areas. You can use it at home, in a garage, or even enclosed places without causing much disturbance.
Despite its high performance, the unit boasts of a compact lightweight design weighing about 29 pounds. This makes it easy to move around with or even store in a boat or truck.
To enhance its portability, you can use an extension cord to carry it around.
- Lightweight and easy to carry around.
- Has a large capacity tank for handling big tasks.
- Compact and balanced design.
- The knob has a good grip for handling.
- It’s reasonably quiet.
- Has a powerful motor that works well even in cold weather.
- Costs about $200 which is somehow expensive.
- Issues of leakages and vibrations.
- The use of knurled knob makes it slightly slower.
Who is it built for?
4. BOSTITCH CAP1512-OF 1.2 Gallon Oil-Free High-Output Trim Air Compressor
If you are looking for a great Bostitch air compressor that can handle small jobs then this is the right choice.
It can comfortably handle tasks like inflating tires, window trimming, and fence building.
Some of its features and functionalities are:
Being a small compressor, it comes with a small capacity 1.2-gallon tank.
This makes it highly portable while the inclusion of rubberized feet provides stability even on slick surfaces.
With a weight of 24 pounds, this unit can be easily carried using one hand.
Despite its small size, a 1.5 hp motor has been included making it quite powerful. This motor can still peak at 2.0 hp and only requires 12 amps to start up.
The maximum pressure is 150 PSI and it has the capacity to deliver 2.8 SCFM while operating at 90 PSI.
Average noise level:
This model registers about 89 decibels which is just average for compressors in its range.
In fact, it balances between performance and operational noise. Its quieter counterparts don’t perform that highly while its high-performance counterparts tend to be much louder.
Fast recovery time:
This unit has impressive recovery time that compensates for the small size tank. Moving from an empty tank to 150 PSI would take you just 45 seconds. Furthermore, recovery from cut-in pressure would take only 10 seconds.
In order to prevent over-pressurizing the tank, a safety valve has been included. There are other extras like the protective roll cage, cord wrap, easily readable gauges, and onboard tools.
- Uses an oil-free pump that is easy to use and maintain.
- Lightweight design for easier portability.
- Quick recovery time aided by a powerful motor.
- It is relatively quiet for home use.
- Perfect size for a variety of jobs.
- Solid built and great performance.
- Has some strong vibrations.
- The starting time is somehow slow.
- Regular malfunctioning of the pressure relief safety valve.
Who is it built for?
5. BOSTITCH BTFP02012-WPK 6-Gallon 150 PSI Oil-Free Air Compressor Kit
The U/BTFP02012 Bostitch air compressor is a factory reconditioned model with impressive performance capabilities.
In terms of features and functionalities, it has the following:
Large capacity tank:
The unit carries a 6-gallon tank which is large enough for most applications.
Despite its large size, it still remains lightweight and compact enough weighing just 29 pounds.
Its diameter is about 14-inches and it has a large handle for convenient transportation.
A maximum PSI of 150 can be delivered by this unit while its 90 PSI pump is able to deliver 2.6 SCFM. With this performance, you are guaranteed long tool run and quick recovery time.
Actually, it is an excellent performer as far as light and medium duty tasks are concerned.
The large dials that come with this unit are easy to read and have registration lines at 5 PSI intervals. In order to maximize the air tool performance, there are two universal couplers and a high flow regulator.
So as to enable easy repairing of the controls, a removable console cover has been used.
Low noise levels:
An operational noise level of 78.5 dBA supports a quiet work environment for this model. In fact, it is quiet enough that you don’t have to use mufflers. This makes it an ideal choice for use in commercial and residential settings.
- It offers reliable pressure.
- Requires little to no maintenance.
- Small compact design and well laid out controls.
- Refilling of the tank is quite easy and fast.
- The unit is budget friendly.
- A convenient cord wrap that enables easier storage.
- Works great for light duty applications.
- It can be slightly noisy.
- Comes with a short power cord.
Who is it built for?
IV. THE BOTTOM LINE
Getting the best Bostitch air compressor shouldn’t be that hard. Besides being a quality brand, Bostitch also boasts an exceptional assortment of tools and recognizable colors.
The 5 choice reviews in this article are of solid built, great quality, and excellent performance.