As with any decision you make, you should decide whether to buy a tankless air compressor or the one with a tank. Each type has its benefits and drawbacks. More so, each has its specific use.
There are many good reasons to purchase a no tank compressor. For one, it doesn’t require certification.
Second, it is lightweight; hence portable. Another thing is that a no tank small air compressor provides instant air flow.
- 1 Editor’s Top 3 Picks of Tankless Air Compressors Comparison Chart
- 2 7 Best Tankless Air Compressors Review
- 2.1 1. VIAIR 400P Tankless Air Compressor
- 2.2 2. Viair 00088 88P Portable Tankless Air Compressor
- 2.3 3. Master Flow MF-1040 Cyclone High Volume Tankless Air Compressor
- 2.4 4. Campbell Hausfeld RP410099AV Tankless Air Compressor
- 2.5 5. AmazonBasics Dual Battery Clamps Tankless Air Compressor
- 2.6 6. SuperFlow 12 Volt Air Tankless Air Compressor
- 2.7 7. Goodyear i8000 120 Volt Tankless Air Compressor
- 3 The Bottom Line
Editor’s Top 3 Picks of Tankless Air Compressors Comparison Chart
For me, the top Tankless Air Compressors would be:
VIAIR 400P Tankless Air Compressor
Viair ooo88 88P Portable Tankless Air Compressor
Master Flow MF-1040 Cyclone High Volume Tankless Air Compressor
|Customer Rating||(4.5 / 5)||(4.6 / 5)||(4.1 / 5)|
|PSI||150 PSI||120 PSI||150 PSI|
|CFM||2.3 CFM||1.25 CFM||1.06 CFM|
|Weight||8.5 pounds||4.5 pounds||5.95 pounds|
|Bottom Line||VIAIR 400P is a great tankless compressor for inflating tires on off-road and on-road cars.||Viair 00088 88P is a portable compressor that anyone with a car can use.||Master Flow MF-1040 can inflate inner tubes of a bicycle and vehicle tires too.|
Want to read more reviews? Just scroll down with us.
7 Best Tankless Air Compressors Review
There are numerous kinds of no tank compressors. We have compiled 7 of the best and reviewed each. Have a look at them and decide on which one to buy.
1. VIAIR 400P Tankless Air Compressor
Why Taking VIAIR 400P Tankless Air Compressor?
The VIAIR 400P is among the lightest air compressors. It is also the best compact commercial-grade compressor available. That’s why we selected it as our number one on our list.
The secret behind this compressor is its no-tank design. It lets the compressor deliver a maximum pressure of 150 PSI without adding to its weight.
This pressure is enough to operate for 15 good minutes – non-stop. But you should allow the unit to cool for 30 minutes.
The compressor can deliver 1.41 CFM at 90 PSI. This is CFM is half of what other tank compressors boast. However, past users love VIAIR no-tank compressor as it is fast and reliable.
It can inflate even a 35 inches tire from zero to thirty PSI in not more than five minutes.
In addition, this compressor features a low-power draw. This is provided by any battery, as long as its 12-V. road enthusiasts love this unit because it saves them when they are miles away from home.
You’ll love the zipped soft carry bag to secure your unit from dust and damage. The carrying bag is great for ensuring that wires are not tangled when using the compressor.
Likewise, the unit comes with a long hose to reach out your tires. Plus it comes with a 100 psi gauge to serve purposes such as check tire pressure, air down intermittently, air down, and air up intermittently.
Pros and cons of VIAIR 400P Tankless Air Compressor
- Works great on SUVs, truck and other cars
- Can inflate a front tire from 70 to 80 PSI in less than 60 seconds
- Pumps up aired down tires perfectly and quickly
- Suits well as a commercial-grade air compressor
- Comes with battery cables
- No-tank design, hence highly portable
- Not suitable for inflating tires on 31 ft. Class-C motorhome
- The airline seems too short for dual tires
- The tension on its coiled line might break the tire stem
- Have no flow or volume rates required to operate most air tool
This no-tank compressor is ideal for inflating tires on both off-road and on-road vehicles.
Who is VIAIR 400P Tankless Air Compressor built for?
VIAIR 400P is built for those in the on-road segment.
2. Viair 00088 88P Portable Tankless Air Compressor
Why Taking Viair ooo88 88P Tankless Air Compressor?
The Viair 88P is a beast when it comes to performance. At zero PSI, this compressor provides 1.47 CFM of compressed air. When it hits 30 PSI, the unit still manages to deliver an impressive CFM of 1.25.
While operating at 120 PSI maximum pressure, the 88P manages a modest CFM of 0.35. In our testing, this implies that the unit can inflate 31.5” tire from 15 psi to 35 psi in less than 2.15 minutes.
Apart from its impressive performance, the Viair 88P has a large gauge. So you’ll get pressure readings easily. But ensure the compressor is off when you do so.
The entire unit sits on rubber feet. Its heavy-duty style in the long piston reduces vibration when in use. So the unit will not be as loud or violent as other air compressors.
Mechanical experts recommend that we maintain and check our tire pressure every month. So, instead of going to the gas station, you can use this compressor to do so.
On the same note, you should inflate and check your tires before driving for the day. The thing is tires tend to expand during hot seasons, and vice versa. So having a tool to check or inflate tires can keep you safe while on the road.
Pros and cons of Viair ooo88 88P Tankless Air Compressor
- The electrical cable and hose are long enough
- The 45% duty cycle is excellent
- Relatively affordable, yet high quality
- Seems to run quietly
- Small enough for ease of portability
- Could not be the fastest tankless compressor available
- The power and hose cord are permanently fixed
- Doesn’t include a carrying case, might need to buy one
- Should switch off this air compressor to acquire accurate pressure readings.
This compressor is good for Sedans, SUVs, truck and small ATVs with tires of up to 33 inches.
Who is Viair ooo88 88P Tankless Air Compressor for?
Viair ooo88 88P tankless compressor is built for any person that owns a car.
3. Master Flow MF-1040 Cyclone High Volume Tankless Air Compressor
Why Taking Master Flow MF-1040 Cyclone High Volume Tankless Air Compressor?
The Master Flow MF-1040 Cyclone tankless compressor delivers a powerful flow for different uses. It is a handy unit to have in your vehicle as it can pump up flat tires in case of an emergency.
This high volume tankless air compressor comes with a powerful 12V motor. Hence it is one of the efficient and reliable units on the market. You’ll love how this unit operated virtually anywhere. As in it can suck power from any power outlet – as long as its voltage is 12.
The compressor is equipped with 3 distinct adapter nozzles. Therefore, it can function with different things such as toys, pools, basketballs, and rafts.
The E-Z twist brass inflator fixes securely and quickly as well. On the same note, the 10 inches power cord delivers a long reach and high flexibility when setting the compressor.
The bottom foot ensures that this portable unit is stable when it’s operating. Also equipped is an instant release 16 inches coil air hose. It provides additional length whilst it re-coils for appropriate storage.
Pros and cons of Master Flow MF-1040 Cyclone High Volume Tankless Air Compressor
- Not loud as you would expect
- The carrying case adds some convenience to store the compressor anywhere
- Airs up an extremely low tire in around 2 minutes
- Unlike some gas stations, this unit fills a tire 100 %
- An affordable yet low powered compressor works great too
- The gauge readings will be inaccurate when the unit is operating
- You should switch the unit on prior to fixing it to a flat tire
- The pump power might blow the fuses in Honda pilot; so connect it to the battery clips
This compressor is not limited to be used on vehicle tires. It is suitable for inner tubes of a bicycle.
Who is Master Flow MF-1040 Tankless Air Compressor for?
Master Flow MF-1040 is built for anyone with SUV, pickup, or a standard sized car.
4. Campbell Hausfeld RP410099AV Tankless Air Compressor
Why Taking Campbell Hausfeld RP410099AV Tankless Air Compressor?
One outstanding feature for RP410099AV is its capability to run on a standard 12V current. Hence, the unit is ideal for at home inflation.
The unit is equipped with a pressure gauge. This feature lets you monitor air pressure when using the compressor. So, you’ll control the pressure depending on the item you’re inflating.
Better though, this air compressor comes with 3 inflator accessories, inflator needle, and 2 inflator nozzles.
Additionally, you’ll also get a Schrader-to-Presta adapter. This will let you use the inflator with Presta valves found on road and racing bikes.
The unit includes a cooling fan, which will prolong its reliability and life. Thus, the compressor will sever you for the longest time possible.
Adding up, this electric small air compressor has a lightweight design. Therefore transporting it is easy.
Pros and cons of Campbell Hausfeld RP410099AV Tankless Air Compressor
- The 10-foot electric cord and 120V grounded plug is ideal for inflating all car tires
- For light use, car tires, and pool toys the unit can last for 2 good years
- Well designed and pumps air in an excellent manner
- Nice product for putting air inflatables and any other air tool
- The compressor is handy when you want to spray lots of weed
- The compressor is compact and very light
- Cannot operate from a jump box output that is fused for 10A
- Seem slow; inflating a tire from 26 to 32 PSI takes around 5 to 6 minutes
- Quite loud, you’ll need to put on noise-reduction headphones
- Children aged 12 years or younger should not use this air compressor
This tankless air compressor can be used to inflate car tires, bike tires, beach balls, soccer balls as well as other sporting equipment.
Who is Campbell Hausfeld RP410099AV Tankless Air Compressor for?
The design for Campbell Hausfeld RP410099AV is powerful enough to be used by those in the workshop and DIY experts.
5. AmazonBasics Dual Battery Clamps Tankless Air Compressor
Why Taking AmazonBasics Dual Battery Clamps Tankless Air Compressor?
We selected AmazonBasics due to the fact that it connects directly to the vehicle battery. It included 2 alligator battery clamps. Both are visibly marked (one red, one black) for a secure and safe connection.
This portable no-tank compressor includes a digital gauge screen. This will let you have a quick view of air pressure. Along, the unit comes with a LED light that illuminates in dark or dim lighting.
The tankless compressor operates with any tire whose maximum air pressure is 120. Similarly, you can use it to put air on tires for cars, trucks, SUVs, motorcycles, and scooters.
The air compressor includes one ball-inflation needle and 2 rubber blow tips. This implies that you can use the compressor to inflate rafts, footballs, and basketballs too.
You’ll also like the carrying case that comes with this compressor. Thus, you can carry your compressor for regular tire-pressure maintenance or for inflating tires on a family trip.
Pros and cons of AmazonBasics Dual Battery Clamps Tankless Air Compressor
- The 1.64 feet air hose and 16.4 feet coiled air hose provides a convenient length and flexible maneuverability
- Highly portable and exceptionally friendly to the user
- This unit eradicates the need to visit an auto shop or gas station for tire-pressure checks
- The coiled air hose is well-made and of great length
- The screw on the connector for tire valve stems is secure enough
- The unit doesn’t turn off after it pumps to the pre-set pressure
- The compressor fails to increase pressure beyond the set level
- The unit does not come with a cigarette lighter adapter to fix to the vehicle
- Should connect the regular hose to the coiled hose for the compressor to operate
You can use this air compressor to put air in air mattresses and basketballs among others.
Who is AmazonBasics Dual Battery Clamps Tankless Air Compressor for?
AmazonBasics is built for those searching for an emergency solution or monthly unit to inflate tires
6. SuperFlow 12 Volt Air Tankless Air Compressor
Why Taking SuperFlow 12 Volt Air Tankless Air Compressor?
The compact design and size for SuperFlow 12V tankless compressor might fool you. This portable unit delivers air output as high as 1300 cubic inches.
Better still, the unit is easy to use as it handily powers from a car’s cigarette lighter. The 16 feet air hose is the great length to reach the back tires of your car. Moreover, the compressor instantly switches on with a single flip of the switch.
This unit offers the convenience you have been searching for from a tankless compressor. It will let you inflate tires whenever and wherever a need arises.
This is the kind of compressor that you can carry to wherever you want. It comes with 2 adapter nozzles, one ball inflation needle, and a nylon carrying case.
Furthermore, this unit is built of heavy-duty material to ensure it lasts longer. If you are searching for a tankless compressor, one important feature to consider is its durability. Thankfully, that’s not a thing to worry about SuperFlow 12V Tankless Air Compressor.
Pros and cons of SuperFlow 12 Volt Air Tankless Air Compressor
- Unlike other portable compressors, this one is reasonably quiet
- The length of the cable is long enough
- Inflates air really fast and easy
- Most of the components are high quality
- The handle is insulated for long time inflations
- The cigarette lighter end looks cheaply made
- The zippers of the carrying bag are poor quality
- The cord’s weight is extremely light that it can tear
- It is hard to lug this unit around
The SuperFlow portable compressor is a go-to-tool that can put air on tires of tiny inflatable water tubes, soccer balls, and bicycles.
Who is SuperFlow 12 Volt Air Tankless Air Compressor for?
SuperFlow air compressor is built for anyone who owns a car, truck or bike.
7. Goodyear i8000 120 Volt Tankless Air Compressor
Why Taking Goodyear i8000 120 Volt Tankless Air Compressor?
If you are searching for a compressor that can check tire pressure, then Goodyear i8000 120 volt is the one. It will easily and quickly take care of your specialized tires – right from the comfort of your house.
Needless to say, the whisper-soft technology ensures this compressor operates quietly and efficiently. On the point about its operation, this unit connects to any 12-volt household outlet.
Just as any other quality air compressor, this one comes with a pressure gauge. Therefore, you’ll always get accurate readings of air pressure instantly.
The 6-ft. power cord and 18-foot air hose are long enough to cover a 24 feet work area. This length is wide enough to reach even the furthest car tires. Besides, the 1-inch rubber air hose instantly fixes to a 17 inches coiled PVC air hose.
Finally, this unit comes with inflation adapters. Thus, it effortlessly connects to any sports equipment and raft.
Pros and cons of Goodyear i8000 120 Volt Tankless Air Compressor
- The gauge is high-quality in that it tracks pressure in a detailed manner
- Highly versatile because it allows you make changes easily
- Comes with a 2-years warranty
- The noise level is very manageable – borderline quiet
- Inflates a 33-inch tire quickly
- Some customers complain about issues with the unit’s efficiency
- Stored incorrectly, the hose might crack
- Does not come with a standard lock, so you must twist the nozzle to the stem
- It takes a while to inflate some tires
This electric small air compressor inflates every car tire: trucks, SUVs, cars, and RVs, among others. Similarly, you can use the compressor to inflate sports balls.
Who is Goodyear i8000 120 Volt Tankless Air Compressor for?
Goodyear i8000 is built for professionals and DIYers at home.
The Bottom Line
The U.S. Department of Energy states that under-inflated tires can waste around 3.3 percent of total fuel costs. So, having a compact tankless air compressor can save you that unnecessary expense.