Painting a large space in an efficient and timely way requires the right air spray gun. This tool can literary help you finish your project in the least time possible.
Besides saving time, using a sprayer provides perfect finishing on most surfaces. Unfortunately, most people think that paint sprayers are extremely expensive.
In reality, there are different sprayers available – for everyone. So you can find some for professional sprayers and others for DIYers.
Nonetheless, you should select and use the right painting tools for the right task. The quality of tools you use determines the outcomes.
The finish of your project will appear remarkably different if you use a wrong spray gun. This review will help you make the right choice.
- 1 Editor’s Top 3 Picks of Air Spray Guns Comparison Chart
- 2 7 Best Air Spray Guns Review
- 2.1 1. SPRAYIT SP-352 Gravity Feed With Aluminum Swivel Cup Air Spray Gun
- 2.2 2. Hiltex 31229 Pneumatic Air Texture 1.2 Gallon Hopper Air Spray Gun
- 2.3 3. Campbell Hausfeld DH790000AV 600 mL HVLP Air Spray Gun
- 2.4 4. Neiko 31215A HVLP 1.7mm Nozzle Size 600cc Aluminum Cup Air Spray Gun
- 2.5 5. Campbell Hausfeld DH650001AV General Purpose Air Spray Gun
- 2.6 6. PowRyte Elite 20-oz Composite HVLP 1.4mm Nozzle Air Spray Gun
- 2.7 7. Central Pneumatic 47016 High-Volume Low-Pressure Air Spray Gun
- 3 The Bottom Line
Editor’s Top 3 Picks of Air Spray Guns Comparison Chart
For me, the top Air Spray Guns would be:
SPRAYIT SP-352 Gravity Feed With Aluminum Swivel Cup Air Spray Gun
Ingersoll Rand 46821344 2475F14G 14Hp 2 Stage Air Compressor
Campbell Hausfeld DH790000AV 600 mL HVLP Air Spray Gun
|Customer Rating||(4.2 / 5)||(3.9 / 5)||(4 / 5)|
|Tank size||13.5 oz||1.2 gallon||4.6 gallon|
|CFM||6 CFM||7 CFM||3.2 CFM @ 40 PSI|
|PSI||60 PSI||-||125 PSI|
|Pros||SPRAYIT SP-352 has strong metal frame; Fluid needle & nozzle are corrosion resistant; Provides accurate fan patterns.||Hiltex 31229 is aasy grip handle; Interchangeable 4mm, 6mm & 8mm nozzles; Durable metal handle.||Campbell Hausfeld DH790000AV provides excellent finish; Apply water seal fast; Easy to clean and appears properly built.|
|Cons||Not ideal for constant use as the tank can rust.||Really heavy when full of paint.||Not great for flat or overhead spraying.|
|Bottom Line||Being strong and yet lightweight makes SPRAYIT SP-352 liked by many.||When you have a project that needs different spraying liquids of various viscosity, then Hiltex 31229 is the best.||Campbell Hausfeld DH790000AV is the best sprayer for most automotive clearcoats and basecoats. It will serve you well in this field.|
Want to read more reviews? Just scroll down with us.
7 Best Air Spray Guns Review
There are many gun sprayers in the market. So selecting the right one is difficult. We have compiled 7 of the best. Go through each to find out the one that suits you best.
1. SPRAYIT SP-352 Gravity Feed With Aluminum Swivel Cup Air Spray Gun
Why Taking SPRAYIT SP-352 Gravity Feed With Aluminum Swivel Cup Air Spray Gun?
SPRAYIT SP-352 Gravity Feed with Aluminum Swivel Cup is one of the best spray guns to consider.
For beginners, this brand has been in existence since 1928. Thus, this brand is trusted and reliable.
Using this gun is easy, thanks to its single-piece lightweight gun body. Apart from being durable, the aluminum swivel cup lets you rotate the sprayer. In doing so, you’ll be able to reach even tight places.
Similarly, the Stainless Steel Fluid Needle & Nozzle are resistant to corrosion. This feature guarantees that you’ll use the tool for long.
The adjustable and separate fluid fan pattern alongside air controls allows you to make accurate fan patterns. Further, paint wastage will be minimal.
Pros and cons of SPRAYIT SP-352 Air Spray Gun
- The metal frame is strong; making it durable
- High-quality spray gun at a great price tag
- Has separate controls for fluids, air, and pattern; hence painting is easy with less wastage
- Great size and ideal weight (1.8 lbs.)
- Sprays paint effectively and work with a small compressor at 45 psi
- The sprayer is very adjustable with amazing spray results
- Does not come with instructions on how to calibrate or clean
- Hard to tighten the nuts that fix the cup upright
- The spray gun is not ideal for worldwide shipping
- Hard to clean the inner bottom of the tank; thus can lead to rust
- The inner bottom part of the tank is prone to rust and corrosion
The spray gun has different applications such as marine use, industrial, and automotive use. Its features make the sprayer easy to rotate and use.
Who is SPRAYIT SP-352 Air Spray Gun for?
The size and weight are ideal to be used by professional painters and beginners alike.
2. Hiltex 31229 Pneumatic Air Texture 1.2 Gallon Hopper Air Spray Gun
Why Taking Hiltex 31229 Pneumatic Air Texture 1.2 Gallon Hopper Air Spray Gun?
One outstanding feature about Hiltex 31229 Pneumatic sprayer is its grip handle. For sure, you want to have a strong and easy grip. The handle for this sprayer is comfortable enough for hassle-free spraying.
Besides, the trigger comes with locking controls. Hence, you’ll be able to spray uniform paint coat on your car.
The handle for this spray gun is built out of metal. Since this material is durable your tool will serve you for a long time. In addition, the air regulating components are built with solid brass.
Undoubtedly, you want value for your hard earned money. And the best way to do so is to buy a sprayer with durable features. Hiltex 31229 is suitable for that purpose.
Another thing that you’ll like about this sprayer is its 1.2-gallon tank capacity. This means you don’t have to refill the paint over and over- which is a waste of time. On the same note, the sprayer has a fed-hopper cup.
Pros and cons of Hiltex 31229 Air Spray Gun
- Besides being easy to clean, this sprayer is cost friendly
- If needed, the sprayer can provide small volumes of paint, which minimizes waste
- Ideal for spraying liquids of various viscosity; thanks to its 4mm, 6mm & 8mm nozzles
- The handle is ribbed a little for a secure yet comfortable grip while spraying
- Seriously great sprayer at its price
- The package doesn’t come with user instructions
- The ball valve seems of low quality that it leaves threads in the gun handle
- For easy installation and removal of the mud hopper, apply some silicone grease
- Hard to clean the paint bucket
- When filled with paint, the sprayer becomes really heavy. As a result, the hopper keeps on detaching.
Though enough for home employment, this sprayer isn’t right for business use. Reason being its basic outline is difficult to use.
Who is Hiltex 31229 Air Spray Gun for?
The sprayer is built for professionals and DIYers.
3. Campbell Hausfeld DH790000AV 600 mL HVLP Air Spray Gun
Why Taking Campbell Hausfeld DH790000AV 600 mL HVLP Air Spray Gun?
The 600 mL acetyl cup lets you view the fluid level. It withstands chemicals and is easy to clean as well. This gravity feed sprayer features a highly polished body, making it easy to clean.
Further, the stainless steel nozzle and fluid needle are compatible even with the highly advanced coatings. More so, these two features are resistant to corrosion, so they can last longer.
We can’t fail to mention the inline filter. This takes away all dirt particles from your paint coatings. Hence, it prevents defects.
When you use this Campbell Hausfeld sprayer, you’ll complete your projects quick and easy. This is possible due to its adjustable pattern and fluid controls.
Pros and cons of Campbell Hausfeld DH790000AV Air Spray Gun
- The gun is detailed enough for medium viscosity paints
- Kept clean, the sprayer provides an excellent paint finish
- Cleaning is easy and looks very well made
- Applying a water seal is fast with this spray gun
- With air pressure of 27, the sprayer provides best results on most automotive clearcoats and basecoats
- Though cheaper than other top models, the finish isn’t as perfect
- The sprayer doesn’t include a needle size
- The nozzle and fluid needle can only spray thin surfaces effectively
- The design for siphon tube is hard to rotate
The sprayer features adjustable pattern and fluid controls; hence you can use it on DIY, carpentry and automotive projects.
Who is Campbell Hausfeld DH790000AV for?
This sprayer is engineered to offer optimal particle size and atomization. Hence it is ideal for carpenters and automotive DIYers.
4. Neiko 31215A HVLP 1.7mm Nozzle Size 600cc Aluminum Cup Air Spray Gun
Why Taking Neiko 31215A HVLP 1.7mm Nozzle Size 600cc Aluminum Cup Air Spray Gun?
We decided to include the Neiko 31215A spray gun on our list because of it’s a heavy duty application. The steel gun body comes is a single piece. The nozzle is made of stainless steel, hence can resist rust.
Additionally, the cap is built of solid brass for longevity and durability.
The spray gun also ensures that your paint application is as precise as you would like. All gratitude goes to its classic HVLP gravity feed design for delivering fluid.
This sprayer comes as a complete set of a regulator and one metal-air gauge. This will let you set the air pressure that you are comfortable with.
Similarly, you’ll get a multi-size wrench and brush for cleaning the sprayer. So, the paint will not block the nozzle because you failed to clean it.
Pros and cons of Neiko 31215A Air Spray Gun
- The gun sprays perfectly and evenly
- The pressure regulator really helps control your painting
- Unlike a brush or roller, this gun paints a larger surface within a short period
- This gun is great for painting steel/wood fabricated surfaces
- The simpleness of cleaning and construction is worth a consideration
- Works perfectly for high build primers
- The 1.7mm tip is very large for clears and bases
- The user instructions contain limited information; lacks the manufacturer’s phone number, address or website
- Most of the nuts are really overtightened; requires a tool to loosen them
- Should clean your sprayer after an hour or one hour and a half if take a long time projects
Better still, this sprayer is ideal for different uses. The color-coded nozzle of 1.7mm can do primer, metallic basecoat, and different household & automotive painting tasks.
Who is Neiko 31215A Air Spray Gunst for?
The nozzle size for this sprayer is fine. Therefore, it is perfect for spraying a car and other home projects such as spraying kitchen cabinets.
5. Campbell Hausfeld DH650001AV General Purpose Air Spray Gun
Why Taking Campbell Hausfeld DH650001AV General Purpose Air Spray Gun?
Another unique and impressive air spray gun is here for you to review. This is a useful tool that can assist you to finish your painting projects in a professional and efficient manner.
The razor-thin spray pattern is one of the features we’ll discuss here. This gun has regulators for both the paint shape and flow. These two are very helpful in providing razor thin patterns in the right angle. In like manner, you’ll not overspray and you’ll paint effectively.
The body for this gun is nickel plated to avoid corrosion. Besides, the nickel plated body is easy to clean after use. Hence, the gun will last long because you’ll maintain it properly.
Adding up to this gun’s features, it has an anti-drip canister. To spice things up, the canister is tightly attached to avoid wasting or messing up with your paint.
Pros and cons of Campbell Hausfeld DH650001AV Air Spray Gun
- In comparison to other spray guns, this one runs great on low air cap pressures
- This sprayer has a paint consumption of 20-40 percent lower than a conventional sprayer
- Ideal for finishing a painting project efficiently and easily
- Besides cars, you can use this sprayer to paint furniture, walls and other places too
- The anti-drip canister reduces the cleanup mess
- Its painting technique wastes too much paint in form of fumes
- Handled improperly, the gun can cause a little mess
- Could work best for small projects
You can use this Campbell Hausfeld gun your furniture, vehicle and other things too.
Who is Campbell Hausfeld DH650001AV Air Spray Gun for?
Combined with the right air compressor, anyone can use this gun to paint cars, walls, furniture or anything else.
6. PowRyte Elite 20-oz Composite HVLP 1.4mm Nozzle Air Spray Gun
Why Taking PowRyte Elite 20-oz Composite HVLP 1.4mm Nozzle Air Spray Gun?
One thing that attracted us to PowRyte Elite Gravity Feed Spar Gun is its composite construction. This feature makes the gun comfortable and lightweight to use.
Moreover, the gun has a High-Volume Low-Pressure technology. This means the transfer of paint will be high whilst lowering the chances to overspray or bounceback.
The no-drip cup feature will make sure your mess with paint is minimal. Therefore, you’ll no waste lots of paint on drips. Hence, you’ll save your hard-earned money and precious time.
Besides, this air spray gun comes with three control knobs.
One is the fluid control for regulating the quantity of paint you spray. The pattern control is the second one. It will help you regulate the pattern size of the fan. The last one is the air control valve for adjusting air flow.
Spicing things up, this sprayer comes with a filter. Its purpose is to deliver clean paint. Therefore, your end results will be top-notch.
Pros and cons PowRyte Elite Air Spray Gun
- Since the gun comes with a multi-wrench and brush set, cleaning it is easy
- Storing it is easy; thanks to its suspension hook
- Gives a commercial finish on polyurethane finish
- Reasonably priced yet delivers quality results
- Shoots clear and automotive paint pleasantly
- The nozzle size of 1.4mm isn’t ideal for spraying latex paint
- The spray gun isn’t designed to spray upside down
- Great gun, but for small projects
- If you excessively tighten the connections some plastic from the threads might get into your painting projects.
This sprayer offers superior performance for automotive, furniture, deck and fence projects.
Who is PowRyte Elite Air Spray Gun for?
This gun is built for DIYers and automotive professionals too.
7. Central Pneumatic 47016 High-Volume Low-Pressure Air Spray Gun
Why Taking Central Pneumatic 47016 High-Volume Low-Pressure Air Spray Gun?
If you already have a quality air compressor, then the Central Pneumatic 47016 Gravity Feed Spray Gun is a good buy. The spray will control the air pressure from the compressor to make sure you receive high volume with low-pressure performance.
This sprayer is compatible with many air compressors. So, if you own a paint sprayer, you can purchase this gun to convert it to high volume low pressure (HVLP). Just ensure your compressor can offer 50-70 PSI.
In addition, this gun features a gravity feed paint supply. Therefore, it will not need lots of air pressure to paint. It delivers 20-oz of paint for painting tasks when you put the paint on top of the spray gun.
So, the gun sprays the paint out as opposed to sucking it in. that is how a gravity-fed gun works. The air compressor will only offer the air pressure necessary to spray.
The volume and pattern controls are adjustable. This implies that the sprayer has different settings. You can change the spray pattern and adjust the amount of paint. This is the art of fine-tuning.
After all, this air spray gun works great with different paints. These paints include metallic, lacquers and enamels. Thus, you have many options for different projects.
Pros and cons of Central Pneumatic 47016 Air Spray Gun
- Probably this is the most affordable HVLP sprayer
- As an HVLP spray gun, it provides a low overspray
- Though carries 20-oz of paint, the HVLP technology allows the gun to spray a large area
- Great for primer and base coats
- The spray pattern for this gun is very good and works great with enamel paints
- The 20 ounces supply of paint is little for big projects
- The gun doesn’t have more complicated features for coating and finishing
- This sprayer also cannot operate without an air compressor
- For this gun to work, your compressor should have the recommended PSI
Since the gun works great with different paints, it is useful for detailing work and hobby painting.
Who is Central Pneumatic 47016 Air Spray Gun for?
This air spray gun is ideal for those who want to do primers and base coats.
The Bottom Line
Now you have reviewed 7 air spray guns. Hopefully, you’ll find the one that suits your needs. Each sprayer has specific features to serve different purposes. So, select a gun depending on your project.