Looking for the Best Air Impact Wrench? Then you are just on the right page.
An air impact wrench is a great addition to the tool inventory in your workshop.
When choosing the best air impact wrench, you will need one that’s easy and efficient to work with. The right air Impact wrench will not only help you save on time but reduce the fatigue and irritation of unfinished projects.
Many impact wrenches vary in features and quality. You can quickly end up with a model that causes you more harm than good.
- 1 Editor’s Top 3 Picks of Air Impact Wrenches Comparison Chart
- 2 9 Best Air Impact Wrenches Reviews
- 2.1 1. Campbell Hausfeld TL140200AV Best Air Impact Wrench
- 2.2 2. Ingersoll Rand 231C Super Duty Best Air Impact Wrench
- 2.3 3. Ingersoll Rand 285B-6 Air Impact Wrench
- 2.4 4. ACDelco ANI405 Heavy Duty Air Impact Wrench
- 2.5 5. NitroCat 1200-K Kevlar Air Impact Wrench
- 2.6 6. Ingersoll-Rand 232TGSL Air Impact Wrench
- 2.7 7. Chicago Pneumatic CP749 Air Impact Wrench
- 2.8 8. Chicago Pneumatic CP7763-6 Air Impact Wrench
- 2.9 9. Milwaukee 9071-20 1/2-Inch Air Impact Wrench
- 3 What Is Impact Wrench?
- 4 Impact Wrench Types
- 5 What Can You Do With An Air Impact Wrench?
- 6 What To Consider Before Buying An Air Impact Wrench?
- 7 The Bottom Line
Editor’s Top 3 Picks of Air Impact Wrenches Comparison Chart
We will dig deeper into some of Air Impact Wrenches available in the market so as to help you make an informed decision.
Campbell Hausfeld TL140200AV Best Air Impact Wrench
Ingersoll Rand 231C Super Duty Best Air Impact Wrench
Ingersoll Rand 285B-6 Air Impact Wrench
|Customer Rating||(4.4 / 5)||(4.5 / 5)||(4.4 / 5)|
|Drive size||1/2 inch||1/2 inch||1 inch|
|Maximum torque||550 foot-pounds||600 foot-pounds||1475 foot-pounds|
|Weight||8 pounds||6.45 pounds||28 pounds|
|Free Speed||8000 RPM||8000 RPM||5000 RPM
|Impact per minute||1200||1200||700|
|Bottom Line||Campbell Hausfeld TL140200AV is ideal for both amateur and professional users who are looking for an excellent tool for automotive maintenance and repairs||Ingersoll Rand 231C is one of the best impact Wrenches designed for heavy work. It’s powerful, good performing and a long-lasting tool which makes a perfect fit.||The compact design though posing some flaws of Ingersoll Rand 285B-6 remains among the best air wrenches because of its durability and power.|
Want to read more reviews? Just scroll down with us.
9 Best Air Impact Wrenches Reviews
1. Campbell Hausfeld TL140200AV Best Air Impact Wrench
What Taking Campbell Hausfeld TL140200AV Best Air Impact Wrench?
Campbell TL140200AV is another solid option in the list of best Air Impact Wrenches.
It is an incredibly powerful building up a torque of up to 450 feet pounds which is more than enough for your domestic and small professional jobs.
The lightweight tool gets your massive projects completed fast and efficiently.
Its comfort grip and adjustable 3-speed regulator that makes it possible for you to select the exact speed you need for your tasks.
Pros and cons of Campbell Hausfeld TL140200AV Best Air Impact Wrench
- Suitable for maintenance and repairs
- Has a soft, comfortable grip
- Comes with a three-speed regulator for easy control
- A unique unit that helps you completes tasks easily and quickly
- A sturdy build for a durable tool•
- It’s a lightweight unit that makes it easy to hold and move around
- Its pretty loud
- Not suitable for heavy duty tasks
- Requires lubrication before and after every use
- You may experience some lags
- You will need to buy oil in advance if you need to use it immediately
What can Campbell Hausfeld TL140200AV Best Air Impact Wrench be used for?
The unit is ideal for both amateur and professional users who are looking for an excellent tool for automotive maintenance and repairs
2. Ingersoll Rand 231C Super Duty Best Air Impact Wrench
Why Taking Ingersoll Rand 231C Super Duty Best Air Impact Wrench?
You can never go wrong with Ingersol 231C because it’s one of the oldest models that still manage to outshine new brands every day.
One of the reasons is its portability and comfort. It will give you a comfortable grip that will not cause any fatigue even when in use.
Weighing a mere 5 pounds, you will have no problem carrying this tiny impact wrench.
The sturdy built wrench is suitable for heavy-duty tasks, and it eliminates the dangers of damage even in harsh working conditions.
The solid unit produces a maximum torque of up to 600-foot pounds for running your massive projects effortlessly.
Pros and cons of Ingersoll Rand 231C Super Duty Best Air Impact Wrench
- High-performance unit with incredible power
- Has an adjustable power regulator making it easy to control
- A high-quality tool that lasts a long time
- You can use it immediately after unboxing
- Comes in a two-piece design making it easy to maintain
- The tool holds a contoured handle for a comfortable hold during use
- Its suitable for your heavy duty tasks
- You may notice a little oil leakage from the exhaust
- The adjustment problems may give you problems when you are starting off
- The written material regarding its use and maintenance is skimpy
- You may encounter breakage from the expansion on the plug
- It is quite loud and not recommended for extended use without ear protection
What can Ingersoll Rand 231C Super Duty Best Air Impact Wrench be used for?
If you want a heavy-duty impact wrench, the 231C is an excellent choice.
This is one of the best impact Wrenches designed for heavy work. It’s powerful, good performing and a long-lasting tool which makes a perfect fit.
A video about Ingersoll Rand 231C Super Duty Best Air Impact Wrench:
3. Ingersoll Rand 285B-6 Air Impact Wrench
Why Taking Ingersoll Rand 285B-6 Air Impact Wrench?
Ingersoll Rand RT285B is a great tool that holds some attractive features without compromising on its power and built.
The high-performance wrench delivers 1475 feet pounds maximum torque which means that you will be able to handle your heavy-duty applications efficiently.
The unit features an ergonomic handle that allows you to use both hands during operations thus making it easier to manage it.
Its ease of control is further enhanced by a touch trigger that is very sensitive.
In addition to this, the unit takes care of your safety by having an angle down exhaust system that reduces the chances of injuries.
Pros and cons of Ingersoll Rand 285B-6 Air Impact Wrench
- An extremely comfortable unit with a two hand grip handle
- An easy to use the product that poses no control trouble
- High power for running heavy-duty applications
- A quality unit that’s will offer you lasting performance
- Sturdily built meaning you can use it in tough working areas
- Can handle a large number of projects
- Can be used right of the box
- May stop working after an extended period of use
- It’s a bit bulkier than other models
- It does not hold power for long
- Requires plenty of pressure to function
What can Ingersoll Rand 285B-6 Air Impact Wrench be used for?
If you are a handy user, this air impact wrench will sit right at home in your toolbox.
The compact design though posing some flaws remains among the best air wrenches because of its durability and power.
4. ACDelco ANI405 Heavy Duty Air Impact Wrench
Why Taking ACDelco ANI405 Heavy Duty Air Impact Wrench?
ACDelco AN1405 is an excellent option that does exactly what it’s supposed to do with no glitches. It has a torque of 500 feet-pounds that is enough to support your projects effortlessly.
The tool is one of the most innovative on this list with an impact mechanism with a forward and reverses switch as well as three seed power regulator for easy use.
Its encased in aluminum alloy making it a long-lasting device.
Pros and cons of ACDelco ANI405 Heavy Duty Air Impact Wrench
- A high-quality product that lasts a long time
- A great unit that performs effectively
- Suitable for most handiwork jobs requiring a wrench
- An easy to use the wrench that has power speed regulator It has an inbuilt forward and reverses switch that helps maximize productivity
- An easy to maintain unit
- The power does not last for long
- The trigger is poorly constructed
- Its quite heavy and may cause fatigue
- You would need to purchase an air hose adapter separately
- With frequent use, the vibrator switch may vibrate off
What can ACDelco ANI405 Heavy Duty Air Impact Wrench be used for?
Anyone looking for a robust and durable unit that will help you do any handwork that requires an impact wrench will have a field day with this product.
The durability of this unit makes it among the best air impact compressors on the market. You will find it very useful for your workshop.
5. NitroCat 1200-K Kevlar Air Impact Wrench
Why Taking NitroCat 1200-K Kevlar Air Impact Wrench?
Nitrocat 1200-k takes its place as one of the best air impact compressors because of its high performance and remarkable operations.
It is a strong air wrench that has a clutch system for fast and efficient functionality.
The tool has a durable composite housing that makes a lightweight unit while giving you a break of worrying about damaging the unit in a harsh working environment.
Moreover, the design features an ergonomic design that increases comfort and keeps you from getting too tired when using the unit.
Pros and cons of NitroCat 1200-K Kevlar Air Impact Wrench
- A fine impact wrench that performs as expected
- A quiet running air wrench
- It delivers good power suitable for most of your tasks
- An easy to operate a device
- High-quality design for durability
- You will not experience fatigue as it has an ergonomic handle to prevent fatigue
- Not suitable for rough work conditions
- May break after extended continuous use
- Not ideal for heavy-duty projects
- The anvil may ruin your impact sockets
- It requires regular maintenance
The Nitrocat 1200k will steal your heart due to its unbeatable performance, therefore, a worthwhile purchase.
6. Ingersoll-Rand 232TGSL Air Impact Wrench
Why Taking Ingersoll-Rand 232TGSL Air Impact Wrench?
Among the top-rated air impact wrenches is the Ingersoll Rand 2130 which can be very helpful when you need to tighten or loosen some lugs and nuts.
It has a maximum torque of 550 feet per pound and thus allows you to tackle your tough jobs efficiently.
It features multi-position power management and an easy forward and reverses switch that helps you to control the operation smoothly.
Weighing only 4.2 pounds the wrench is a compact, lightweight product that can fit even in the tightest spaces easily.
Pros and cons of Ingersoll-Rand 232TGSL Air Impact Wrench
- An easy to use tool
- An excellent product that performs highly
- It’s a lightweight item, and as such, you can lift it effortlessly
- A high-quality unit that’s very durable
- Allows you to finish most of your tasks without any challenges
- It comes with a full force throttle piece for smooth operation
- It’s very loud
- You may have trouble when regulating the pressure
- You will need to change the oil before and after every use
- It’s not ideal for demanding projects
The Ingersoll Rand is an excellent choice for professional and hobbyist. Its durability and power make it an excellent choice.
A video about Ingersoll-Rand 232TGSL Air Impact Wrench:
7. Chicago Pneumatic CP749 Air Impact Wrench
Why Taking Chicago Pneumatic CP749 Air Impact Wrench?
If you are looking to work with the best air impact wrench tool in the industry, you need the Chicago Pneumatic tool.
The powerful impact wrench can handle tough jobs perfectly while offering you a comfortable grip.
The easy to use design comes with a reverse button and power settings which ensure that you have complete control.
The Chicago tool is a high-end product that is made using optimum materials for long-lasting performance. It also features a potent motor that eliminates the risk of damages in harsh working environments
Pros and cons of Chicago Pneumatic CP749 Air Impact Wrench
- Can withstand rough working environment with great comfort
- It’s perfect for, repairs, maintenance, and industrial use
- Delivers a consistent power output for efficient operations
- A high-quality impact wrench that promises durability
- Has four power setting that gives you an easy time controlling the unit
- The design incorporates a contoured handle that provides you with a firm, comfortable grip
- A smooth, high-performance unit with a double dog clutch
- You will need high air cfm to run the tool
- It’s on the bulkier side of air wrenches
- Does not hold pressure for a long time
What can Chicago Pneumatic CP749 Air Impact Wrench be used for?
Anyone searching for the best air impact wrench will be highly pleased with this unit.
The Chicago pneumatic tool is designed to last for a very long time, Its an excellent choice for both professional and domestic use.
8. Chicago Pneumatic CP7763-6 Air Impact Wrench
Why Taking Chicago Pneumatic CP7763-6 Air Impact Wrench?
Chicago CP7748 is the best air impact wrench that has the perfect balance between being extra powerful and lightweight.
This tool will disappoint when it comes to its power which goes up to 1200 feet per pound meaning that you can perform your tasks without worry.
Aside from being powerful, the tiny package weighs a total of 4.4 pounds. This makes the unit convenient and user-friendly regardless of your size and strength.
The tool has a thermoplastic rubber that minimizes discomfort and fatigue when working.
You will also love the safety that comes with this tool whereby it has a self-retracting sleeve that offers protection to your fingers when you are using the unit.
Pros and cons of Chicago Pneumatic CP7763-6 Air Impact Wrench
- It offers good performance for most of your projects
- A lightweight tool that is easy for you to handle
- Provides incredible power to a variety of your projects
- It operates quietly thus creating a conducive working environment
- It’s a user-friendly unit that offers no trouble when operating it
- Has a plastic handle that gives you a firm and comfortable grip
- A high-quality product that lasts a long time
- You may have difficulty getting the direction knob to work efficiently
- You may experience air leakage from the roll pin at the base of the handle
- After some few uses, the unit may starts on its own before you pull the trigger
- It may take some time before you can control the power
What can Chicago Pneumatic CP7763-6 Air Impact Wrench be used for?
If you are a mechanics and automobile enthusiasts, you are likely to find this impact wrench very handy.
This is a solid purchase that is among the best air impact wrenches in the industry.
9. Milwaukee 9071-20 1/2-Inch Air Impact Wrench
Why Taking Milwaukee 9071-20 1/2-Inch Air Impact Wrench?
Are you in the market for the best air impact wrench workhorse? Look no further as the Milwaukee model offers you impressive power and some surprisingly unique features.
The best part about is that Its powered by a very powerful 7 amp motor to produces a maximum torque of 300feet per pound.
It weighs 6 pounds and therefore boasts of perfect weight to power ratio. You will, therefore, be able to work faster thus saving on time and other resources.
It is easy to operate and control tool that requires no special skills.
You also don’t have to get concerned injuries while working because it has a cushioned grip for comfort and balance to ensure your safety.
Pros and cons of Milwaukee 9071-20 1/2-Inch Air Impact Wrench
- It’s constructed using optimum materials for durability
- It’s an easy unit to use
- Provides enough power to work on your challenging tasks
- Has a cushion grip for comfort and balance
- An excellent and efficient performance in all jobs
- Runs quieter than most other impact tools
- A convenient unit that allows for easy switches forward and reverses
- It’s bigger and bulkier than most Air Wrenches
- After extended use, the device fails to reach the maximum torque
- Difficult to reach tight places using it
- You will need to buy an extension cord and an adapter
What can Milwaukee 9071-20 1/2-Inch Air Impact Wrench be used for?
The fact that this unit is straightforward to use makes it a remarkable choice for anyone looking to add the air impact wrench to their tool collection.
Its design works perfectly on your hands while giving you enough control to manage the operations smoothly. This air tool would be a good bargain for you.
What Is Impact Wrench?
An impact wrench is a tool designed to deliver incredibly high torque output with the least exertion applied by the user.
This tool stores energy fundamentally in a rotating mass which is delivered suddenly and directly to the output shaft.
The motor accelerates the hammer with the operator left to feel little torque despite the high peak torque delivered directly to the socket.
Impact Wrench Types
Impact wrenches are basically divided into two categories primarily based on how they are powered.
The two categories include the electric powered wrenches and air or pneumatic powered wrenches.
Pneumatic impact wrenches are powered by air that is highly compressed. In order to operate the pneumatic impact wrenches, you need to connect it with compressors.
Electric wrenches are divided into two categories: corded electric impact wrench and cordless electric impact wrench.
Corded electric impact wrenches are powered through a connection to an electric power source. On the other hand, cordless electric impact wrenches are powered by batteries.
What Can You Do With An Air Impact Wrench?
An impact wrench can be used by DIY, automotive repair shops, product assembly, construction projects, and in heavy equipment repair and maintenance auto shops.
They can be used effectively to loosen nuts when changing tires.
Besides, the impact wrench can be used to bolt and unbolt screws when putting up decks or any other task that requires tightening or loosening of nuts.
What To Consider Before Buying An Air Impact Wrench?
Before buying an air wrench, you should take into consideration the following factors.
Torque is the most important factor when choosing an air impact wrench. Choose impact wrench with a minimum torque of 150ft-lbs.
If you are looking to undertake large tasks using the impact wrench then the weight is an important factor to consider.
Choose a lighter impact wrench as a heavier wrench can be tiring and difficult to control when you are fatigued.
3. The air consumption
Choose an impact wrench that is compatible with your air compressor.
Ensure that the air compressor should be able to supply sufficient air for a longer period of time so as to reduce the tool downtime.
4. Size of the drive
The rule of the thumb is that the larger the size of the drive the better. However, choose an impact wrench that can help you to loosen the nuts that you will be working on in most cases.
5. Impact per minute
Choose an impact wrench that has a higher impact per minute.
It implies that you will be able to loosen nuts that are torqued more tightly when you use a wrench that has a higher impact per minute.
The Bottom Line
Those are some of the top-notch choices in the industry and you are likely to get satisfactory results from whichever you chose.
However, you can do a little more research to find the tool that fits you best.