Are you looking for an air nailer that can help you drive nails and staples into your work surfaces? If so, then you have come to the right page.
Air nailers are powerful yet so easy to use tools. They can help you to drive either nails or staples into your work surfaces.
However, there are many air nailers in out there and choosing an effective nailer may not be so easy.
- 1 Editor’s Top 3 Picks of Air Nailers Comparison Chart
- 2 9 Best Air Nailers Review
- 2.1 1. WEN 61720 18-Gauge 3/4-Inch to 2-Inch Air Nailer
- 2.2 2. NuMax SFL618 3-in-1 Pneumatic Air Nailer/ Stapler
- 2.3 3. 3PLUS HFN90SP 3-in-1 Air Nailer
- 2.4 4. PowRyte 18 Gauge Air Nailer/ Stapler
- 2.5 5. PowRyte 16 Gauge 3/4-Inch to 2-Inch Air Nailer
- 2.6 6. Freeman Pneumatics PCN450 Air Nailer
- 2.7 7. BOSTITCH N62FNK-2 1 1/4-Inch to 2-1/2-Inch Air Nailer
- 2.8 8. WEN 61718 Pneumatic 18 Gauge 2-in-1 Air Nailer
- 2.9 9. Hitachi NT65MA4 1-1/4 Inch Air Nailer
- 3 The Bottom Line
Editor’s Top 3 Picks of Air Nailers Comparison Chart
We will dig deeper into some of the air nailers available in the market so as to help you make an informed decision.
WEN 61702 20-Gauge Pneumatic Staple Gun
NuMax SFL618 3-in-1 Pneumatic Air Nailer/ Stapler
3PLUS HFN90SP 3-in-1 Air Nailer
|Customer Rating||(4.5 / 5)||(4.6 / 5)||(3.3 / 5)|
|Pressure range||70 to 100 PSI||70 to 110 PSI||70 to 120 PSI|
|Staple Capacity||100 staples||100-120 staples||-|
|Weight||1.8 pounds||15.7 pounds||9 pounds|
|Nails length||1/4- 9/16 inch||1 to 1/2 inch||2-3/16 to 3-1/2 inch|
|Bottom Line||WEN 61702 is built for DIY and homeowners looking to accomplish various tasks.||NuMax SFL618 is basically designed for DIY and homeowners who want to do floor finishing. It also it easy to operate and maintain.||3PLUS HFN90SP can be comfortably used by DIY as well as homeowners looking to do finishing tasks.|
Want to read more reviews? Just scroll down with us
9 Best Air Nailers Review
1. WEN 61720 18-Gauge 3/4-Inch to 2-Inch Air Nailer
Why Taking WEN 61720 18-Gauge 3/4-Inch to 2-Inch Air Nailer?
WEN 61720 air nailer is a reliable pneumatic tool that allows you to shoot 18-gauge brad effortlessly. You will be able to shoot brad nails ranging from to 2 inches in size.
The tool is incredibly lightweight and has a rubberized grip handle that makes it comfortable when operating.
WEN 61720 operates with different air compressors with air pressure ranging from 60PSI to 100PSI.
Besides, it has a spacious magazine that can accommodate up to 100 brads. You will also notice that it has a quick-release design that allows you to remove jammed nails easily.
Pros and cons of WEN 61720 18-Gauge 3/4-Inch to 2-Inch Air Nailer
- Has a jam release feature that reduces tool downtime
- It has an adjustable and highly effective exhaust deflator
- Aluminum body makes it lightweight
- It has clear magazine indicator to show load capacity
- Has a large magazine
- Operates with different air compressors
- It is easy to use
- This air nailer has no depth adjustment feature
- It sometimes let you down by jamming while in use
- If not used properly it might leave dents and scratches on your surfaces
What can WEN 61720 18-Gauge 3/4-Inch to 2-Inch Air Nailer be used for?
This nailer is built for homeowners as well as DIY who are looking to perform small tasks.
You will be able to handle different finishing tasks on different working surfaces using this air nailer. The best part is that it is also easy to use.
2. NuMax SFL618 3-in-1 Pneumatic Air Nailer/ Stapler
Why Taking NuMax SFL618 3-in-1 Pneumatic Air Nailer/ Stapler?
With NuMax SFL618 air stapler you won’t go wrong when it comes to finishing your floors. It is a versatile air stapler that combines the L-Cleat and T- Cleat nailer making it a truly powerful tool.
The moment you will use this stapler, you will easily notice that it is capable of shooting staples as well as cleated nails.
It can shoot 16 to 15.5 gauge staples that range from 1 inch to 2 inches. At the same time, it can shoot T/L cleat nails that range from 2 inches to 1-1/2 inches.
NuMax SFL618 also has a large capacity as it can accommodate up to 120 staples or 100 cleats.
When it comes to the design and durability, this air nailer displays amazing features. It is built from die-cast aluminum that enhances durability and makes it incredibly lightweight.
Better still, the air nailer has a long reach handle that has a soft padded grip. You will be able to work while maintaining an upright posture thanks to the long reach handle.
Pros and cons of NuMax SFL618 3-in-1 Pneumatic Air Nailer/ Stapler
- It has a strong aluminum cylinder
- The air nailer has a hardened drive blade constructed with steel
- It has an interchangeable base plates
- It has a no-mar rubber mallet
- The air nailer is also lightweight
- It is incredibly versatile
- It does not leave dents or marks in on your work surfaces
- This air stapler is incredibly fast
- It sometimes leaves oil stains on the floor
- The drive can sometimes fail to recoil
- It jams but less frequent
What can NuMax SFL618 3-in-1 Pneumatic Air Nailer/ Stapler be used for?
This air stapler is basically designed for DIY and homeowners who want to do floor finishing. It also it easy to operate and maintain.
3. 3PLUS HFN90SP 3-in-1 Air Nailer
Why Taking 3PLUS HFN90SP 3-in-1 Air Nailer?
3PLUS HFN90SP 3-in-1 Air Nailer is a versatile air nailer capable of driving different types of nails. It can effectively drive 21, 28, and 34 degrees nails into different work surfaces.
Also, this air nailer has an adjustable magazine that allows for the angles to be adjusted quickly to accommodate the different fasteners.
You can also choose the depth at which you want to drive the nails. This can be done with the high-quality depth control inbuilt mechanism. The depth adjustment allows for an accurate flush as well as countersink nailing.
Moreover, you can activate the sequential trip firing mode when you want to fire nails continuously.
This nailer also has anti-dry fire features that prevent firing when the magazine is empty. The feature prevents missing nail as well as extending the motor life.
Another outstanding feature of this unit is the hardened claw tip. The tip is designed to reduce wear particularly on the nose as well as minimize the chances of slippage when you are toe-nailing.
And when you want to protect your work surfaces from dents and scratches, the air nailer has a removable no-mar tip. You can choose to slip the no-mar tip when working on surfaces that need to be protected.
The device also has a multi-directional exhaust cover that rotates to direct air away from the user.
Pros and cons of 3PLUS HFN90SP 3-in-1 Air Nailer
- It is a truly versatile air nailer
- It has an adjustable air exhaust
- The depth can be adjusted using the depth control
- This device has a quick change magazine for adjusting angles
- 3PLUS HFN90SP has an in-built anti-dry fire feature
- It has hardened and high-quality claw tips
- The air nailer has a removable no-mar tip
- It supports sequential trip firing
- Has a strong aluminum body
- It is considerably heavy
- The gun can sometimes misfire hence need to be careful
What can 3PLUS HFN90SP 3-in-1 Air Nailer be used for?
This air nailer can be comfortably used by DIY as well as homeowners looking to do finishing tasks.
4. PowRyte 18 Gauge Air Nailer/ Stapler
Why Taking PowRyte 18 Gauge Air Nailer/ Stapler?
PowRyte 18 Gauge Air Nailer is a 2-in-1 air tool that can drive brad nail and crown staples into different work surfaces. It allows you to handle different finish work with a top-notch professionalism.
Besides, PowRyte 18 Gauge Air Nailer is compatible with different air compressors. This is because you can adjust the speed to match the air consumption and the PSI or your compressor.
You can use the air nailer to drive brad nails when handling tasks such as paneling, household trim, cabinets, drawers, and bookcases.
On the other hand, you can insert staples and turn the PowRyte 18 Gauge air tool into a powerful air stapler. When used as a stapler, you can handle tasks such as furniture upholstery and crafts.
You will notice that this tool is compact as well as lightweight. It means that you can work all day without succumbing to fatigue due to the burden of weight.
This tool also has an effective jam release mechanism that allows you to remove nails or staples really fast.
Other notable features of PowRyte 18 Gauge Air Nailer include an exhaust port and a reload indicator.
Pros and cons of PowRyte 18 Gauge Air Nailer
- This is a 2-in-1 air nailer
- Has a 360 degrees adjustable exhaust port
- It has a reload indicator
- Works with different air compressors
- It has a metal trigger that enhances control and comfort
- It comes with multiple accessories
- Has a large magazine capacity of 100 fasteners
- It has a tool-jam release feature
- It has poor instructions on depth adjustments
- The manual has tiny photos that making it difficult to understand the photos
- The website has no working link for manual
- It at times jams
What can PowRyte 18 Gauge Air Nailer/ Stapler be used for?
It is designed for homeowners who are looking to accomplish small finishing tasks.
A video about PowRyte 18 Gauge Air Nailer/ Stapler :
5. PowRyte 16 Gauge 3/4-Inch to 2-Inch Air Nailer
Why Taking PowRyte 16 Gauge 3/4-Inch to 2-Inch Air Nailer?
Are you looking to perform fine finish applications such as installing molding, cabinetry, or chair rail? If so, then PowRyte 16 Gauge straight air nailer should be your top choice air tool.
This straight air nailer has a highly efficient no-mar tip that protects your surfaces from dents as well as scarring.
It means that you will end up with professionally finished work surfaces.
PowRyte 16 Gauge air tool has a zero nail lockout feature that eliminates the possibility of dry firing. This feature ensures that you can only fire when there are staples on the magazine.
Better still, this tool has a related indicator that let you know when the magazine is almost empty.
Besides, the air nailer comes with a split nose that makes it possible to remove jammed staples.
Pros and cons of PowRyte 16 Gauge 3/4-Inch to 2-Inch Air Nailer
- It has a 360 degrees adjustable exhaust port
- The air nailer has a depth adjustment feature
- Easy to use
- It has a no-mar tip
- Has a wide operating air pressure of 60-100PSI
- It is made of durable materials
- Has a large magazine capacity
- It sometimes leaks oil
- The air nailer at times jams
- The instructions on bump mode adjustments are not clear
- The website lacks functional manual links
What can PowRyte 16 Gauge 3/4-Inch to 2-Inch Air Nailer be used for?
PowRyte 16 Gauge is a simple and highly efficient air tool that can be used by homeowners and DIY looking to accomplish finishing tasks.
You will find that you will this tool is easy to operate making it possible for ordinary home users to use this air tool.
6. Freeman Pneumatics PCN450 Air Nailer
Why Taking Freeman Pneumatics PCN450 Air Nailer?
Freeman PCN450 roofing air nailer is an incredibly powerful air tool that can deliver nails at a fast pace.
This makes it a perfect air nailer for installing cedar shingles, siding, flooring underlayment, wall and roof sheathing, and wood fencing.
You will be able to drive 15 degrees high-quality coil roofing nails with the size ranging from 1-3/4 to inches.
The nails are loaded to a side-magazine that holds up to a maximum of 120 coil roofing nails.
And the best part is that you will be able to monitor the load quantity through a transparent bucket.
Better yet, this air nailer has a magnetic brad nail holder that helps to align all the nails while loading. The magnetic nail holder also keeps in place the last nail to ensure precise jam-free firing.
This nailer has a unique bump fire mode that allows you to drive the nails while allowing a consistent spacing with the help of an adjustable and accurate shingle guide.
Besides, the heat-treated steel blade, rubberized o-rings, and anodized high-quality aluminum cylinder enhance the durability of this tool.
Pros and cons of Freeman Pneumatics PCN450 Air Nailer
- It is lightweight
- The die-cast magnesium body makes it durable
- The air nailer has a large magazine
- It has a transparent bucket that allows you to establish load capacity
- The air nailer has an effective depth controller
- It comes with a 7-year warranty
- The air nailer can fire nails pretty fast
- When you use small nails it sometimes jams
- It might fail to drive nails to the required depth
- If not keen the air nailer can misfire
- The trigger tends to malfunction after sometimes
What can Freeman Pneumatics PCN450 Air Nailer be used for?
Freeman Pneumatics PCN450 is suitable for homeowners and DIY who wants to accomplish small tasks.
You will be able to drive up to three different fasteners using this air tool making it ideal for DIY and carpenters who want to perform finishing touch on various surfaces.
7. BOSTITCH N62FNK-2 1 1/4-Inch to 2-1/2-Inch Air Nailer
Why Taking BOSTITCH N62FNK-2 1 1/4-Inch to 2-1/2-Inch Air Nailer?
BOSTITCH N62FNK Finish Nailer allows you to perform finishing task with a professional touch.
This air nailer is oil-free eliminating the chances of staining your surfaces.
This air nailer has a magnesium body that makes it light and durable. It implies that you can use it for a longer period of time without being fatigued by the burden of weight.
You will enjoy working with this unit as you can easily adjust it to match different tasks at hand. Consequently, it has a depth adjustment feature that allows you to drive nails to different depths.
To make it even better, you can adjust the tool to match the kind of air compressor you are using. This is because it has a wide operating range of 70PSI to 120PSI.
With an incredible drive power of up to 400in/lbs, you will be able to drive 15 gauge nails even into a hardwood surface.
Pros and cons of BOSTITCH N62FNK-2 1 1/4-Inch to 2-1/2-Inch Air Nailer
- It has an easy to remove a magazine
- It has a rubberized handle
- Allows for oil-free operation
- It is easy to operate and maintain
- This device has depth adjustment features
- It has a large magazine
- BOSTITCH N62FNK is lightweight
- It has four highly effective profile tips as well as sample fasteners
- BOSTITCH N62FNK jams if not maintained and used properly
- The tool has no transparent material to check nail level
- The trigger sometimes break after sometimes
- Not for industrial use
What can BOSTITCH N62FNK-2 1 1/4-Inch to 2-1/2-Inch Air Nailer be used for?
This is built for DIY as well as homeowners. The fact that it is oil-free will leave your surfaces clean and without any stain.
You will also find that this air nailer is easy to operate as well as maintain.
8. WEN 61718 Pneumatic 18 Gauge 2-in-1 Air Nailer
Why Taking WEN 61718 Pneumatic 18 Gauge 2-in-1 Air Nailer?
Do you prefer your nailer to be a stapler as well? Either way, you want it to be like WEN 61718 which is an incredible 2-in-1 air nailer that can drive brad nails and staple.
It guarantees reliability and versatility in equal measure as you can drive 18 gauge 16 to 40mm staples and 15 to 50mm brad nails into different surfaces.
The large magazine that can hold up to 100 brad nails has a spring that helps to quickly load the nailer.
WEN 61718 also has a lightweight body as well as the rubberized handle, therefore, limiting fatigue as well as enhancing comfort as you work.
You will also be able to use this air nailer with different air compressors as it has an operating pressure of 60 PSI to 100PSI.
Pros and cons of WEN 61718 Pneumatic 18 Gauge 2-in-1 Air Nailer
- It has a depth adjustment feature
- This device is delivered with safety glasses
- The nailer has a no-mar tip that prevents damage of working surfaces
- It has a two-year warranty
- WEN 61718 allows you to adjust air exhaust
- The nailer has a powder coated finish to enhance durability
- It sometimes jams
- WEN 61718 has a threaded air inlet making the removal of those difficult
- It is somehow bulky
What can WEN 61718 Pneumatic 18 Gauge 2-in-1 Air Nailer be used for?
This nailer is built for homeowners as well as DIY who are looking to perform small tasks.
This nailer is ideal for your work surfaces as it has a no-mar tip. You will also realize that this tool is really easy to use.
9. Hitachi NT65MA4 1-1/4 Inch Air Nailer
Why Taking Hitachi NT65MA4 1-1/4 Inch Air Nailer?
With Hitachi NT65MA4 air nailer, you will be able to drive 15 gauge nails into different work surfaces.
This unit has a unique air duster that allows you to clear debris from your work surfaces. All you need to do is press air duster button and the nailer will automatically clear your work surface.
At the same time, you will realize that this air nailer has a quick release feature that allows you to remove jammed nails.
You will also work more precisely with this feature as it has a depth adjustment feature as well as supporting both contact and sequential modes.
Also, it has an aluminum body making it lightweight and durable.
The tool will allow you to accomplish tasks such as installation is door and window casings, crown and base moldings, exterior trim, chair rails, cabinets, and staircases.
Pros and cons of Hitachi NT65MA4 1-1/4 Inch Air Nailer
- Its effective depth adjustment dial
- It owns a dust remover
- It is lightweight and durable
- Can effectively drive nails into different work surfaces
- It has an easy clear nose
- This nailer has a no-mar tip
- It comes with a handy carrying casing
- The tip can rust when not covered after use
- Jamming occurs with this tool but not often
- It at times fail to sink nails with regularity
What can Hitachi NT65MA4 1-1/4 Inch Air Nailer be used for?
This tool is primarily designed for DIY and ordinary homeowners who want to perform finishing job.
Better yet, if you like to work on clean surfaces and have that professional finish this tool will be ideal for you. This is because this air nailer has an inbuilt dust blower that clears all the debris from your work surfaces.
The Bottom Line
Air nailers are extremely important as they can help you to drive nails or staples into work surfaces. These air nailers are powered by air compressors.
The good news is that they are easy to use and reasonably priced.[/cta_box_4]