Are you looking for a heavy duty air compressor? If so, then 80 gallon air compressor will serve you well.
Their massive nature offers you long running time and high power to run your most substantial air tools.
And lucky for you, we have reviewed some of the best brands among the 80 gallon air compressors.
- 1 Editor’s Top 3 Picks of 80 Gallon Air Compressors Comparison Chart
- 2 7 Best 80 Gallon Air Compressors Review
- 2.1 1. Powermate Vx PLA4708065 80 Gallon Air Compressor
- 2.2 2. Ingersoll Rand 2340N5-V Type-30 80 Gallon Air Compressor
- 2.3 3. Ingersoll Rand COMP AIR 7.5HP 80 Gallon Air Compressor
- 2.4 4. Industrial Air IV5048055 Vertical 80 Gallon Air Compressor
- 2.5 5. Campbell Hausfeld HS5180 Vertical 2-Stage 80 Gallon Air Compressor
- 2.6 6. Ingersoll Rand 2475N7.5-V 80 Gallon Air Compressor
- 2.7 7. Industrial Air ILA4708065 80 Gallon Air Compressor
- 3 The Bottom Line
Editor’s Top 3 Picks of 80 Gallon Air Compressors Comparison Chart
We will dig deeper into some of 80 Gallon Air Compressors available in the market so as to help you make an informed decision.
Powermate Vx PLA4708065 80 Gallon Air Compressor
Ingersoll Rand 2340N5-V Type-30 80 Gallon Air Compressor
Ingersoll Rand COMP AIR 7.5HP 80 Gallon Air Compressor
|Customer Rating||(5 / 5)||(5 / 5)||(5 / 5)|
|PSI||155 max PSI||175 max PSI||175 max PSI|
|Weight||354 pounds||430 pounds||605 pounds|
|CFM||14 CFM at 90 PSI||14 SCFM at 175 PSI||24 CFM at 175 PSI|
|Horsepower||4.7 HP||5 HP||7.5 HP|
|Stage||Single stage||2 stage||2 stage|
|Voltage||240 V||230 V||230 V|
|Bottom Line||The best thing about Powermate Vx PLA4708065 is that on top of being very powerful, it’s also built to last for a very long time.||Ingersoll Rand 2340N5-V has all the necessary qualities for an outstanding 80 gallon air compressor. It is one of the most incredible brands in the market.||Ingersoll Rand COMP AIR is best suited for the workshop and industrial uses due to its ability to support large tools.|
Want to read more reviews? Just scroll down with us.
7 Best 80 Gallon Air Compressors Review
1. Powermate Vx PLA4708065 80 Gallon Air Compressor
Why Taking Powermate Vx PLA4708065 80 Gallon Air Compressor?
The Powermate VX is another powerful air compressor that can’t miss on this list of the best 80 gallon air compressors.
One of the most admirable facts of this air compressor is its ability to perform exceptionally well on heavy-duty tasks.
Not only will you get satisfying power with this air compressor but you will also love the long working durations with minimal interruptions.
This is because the air compressor has an 80-gallon tank capacity that holds enough air for any heavy-duty operations.
Better still, it is powered by a 4.7 HP which can pump an impressive 155psi, you will run your heavy-duty tools efficiently.
If you are operating different devices, then Powermate Vx PLA4708065 is the compressor you actually need. It can run different air tools at the same time.
Pros and cons of Powermate Vx PLA4708065 80 Gallon Air Compressor
- Offers you a reliable performance
- Continuous operation time for faster project completion
- High-quality unit for more durability
- It’s able to keep up with high demand tools
- A versatile machine that can handle a variety of air tools
- Comes in a vertical design that takes up less storage room
- Has an electric pump with a thermal overload protection
- You will need a professional electrician to assemble it
- It needs to be bolted to the ground for safe operations
- You will need to make a separate purchase for a regulator and a power cord
- The noise levels are quite high
- Its oil lubricated meaning you need to perform maintenance now and then
What can Powermate Vx PLA4708065 80 Gallon Air Compressor be used for?
The Powermate air compressor is the perfect choice for anyone looking for a high-performance unit that can deal with all heavy duty tasks.
The best thing about this 80 gallon air compressor is that on top of being very powerful, it’s also built to last for a very long time.
Its ability to withstand extended use makes one of the best choices in its category.
2. Ingersoll Rand 2340N5-V Type-30 80 Gallon Air Compressor
Why Taking Ingersoll Rand 2340N5-V Type-30 80 Gallon Air Compressor?
Another impressive contender to the best 80 gallon air compressor is the Ingersoll Rand that is not only a massive but also offers excellent performance.
Its ultra-powerful 5H.P motor provides you with consistent compressed air for your industrial level tasks.
It is a creative shape allows you to save up on storage space. Consequently, its strong body that is encased using cast iron hence can hold up against harsh weather conditions and rough worksite.
Pros and cons of Ingersoll Rand 2340N5-V 80 Gallon Air Compressor
- A high-quality unit that is highly durable
- A powerful unit that performs exceptionally well
- It has a low oil switch that protects against wear and tear
- Can be used to run large industrial tools
- A convenient automatic water drainage feature
- Delivers consistent power for an extended period
- Will give you no trouble operating it
- Assembling it can be quite challenging
- Needs frequent maintenance
- It is very loud
- A massive unit that is difficult to move
- Has an unpleasant smell
What can Ingersoll Rand 2340N5-V Type-30 80 Gallon Air Compressor be used for?
The air compressor is a fantastic choice for your industrial projects because it is a powerful unit.
This product has all the necessary qualities for an outstanding 80 gallon air compressor. It is one of the most incredible brands in the market.
3. Ingersoll Rand COMP AIR 7.5HP 80 Gallon Air Compressor
Why Taking Ingersoll Rand COMP AIR 7.5HP 80 Gallon Air Compressor?
The COMP AIR is not only one of the best 80 gallon air compressors but is also among the most popular air compressors in the market today.
Taking into considerations its robust motor and the sizeable 80-gallon tank, it’s easy to understand why this air compressor makes it to this list.
It delivers 175 psi with its two-stage air compressor pump which allows you to work with any tool in your workshop. This massive duty power also translates to the unit’s ability to supply multiple tools.
One feature that sets this air compressor above the rest is that it has highly efficient finger valves which help prevent corrosion.
This feature plus the high-quality material used in its construction ensure that you get a lasting product.
Pros and cons of Ingersoll Rand COMP AIR 7.5HP 80 Gallon Air Compressor
- A reliable unit that can support high demand tools
- Versatile units which will ensure you complete your projects
- It can be used immediately after unboxing
- A convenient compressor that has an automatic water removal system
- A vertical design that needs little storage space
- Features high-quality material for durability
- An easy to use unit that won’t be very challenging to operate
- Delivers a consistent power for faster operations
- A very cumbersome unit that not easy to move
- It is loud thus not suitable for quiet areas
- You have to ensure that the drain valve is not touching the floor to avoid friction
- It requires regular maintenance
- You may need help putting it together
What can Ingersoll Rand COMP AIR 7.5HP 80 Gallon Air Compressor be used for?
The unit is best suited for the workshop and industrial uses due to its ability to support large tools.
4. Industrial Air IV5048055 Vertical 80 Gallon Air Compressor
Why Taking Industrial Air IV5048055 Vertical 80 Gallon Air Compressor?
The Industrial Air IV5048055 is an excellent 80 gallon air compressor that allows you to complete your heavy-duty tasks smoothly and efficiently.
It is a well-built machine that releases an operating pressure of 175psi at 15.8SCFM which is more than enough to handle your large air tools.
It has a powerful 5HP motor that runs at 230voltage outlets. You will also be able to increase productivity by running this tool for a longer time due to the massive 80-gallon tank capacity.
Moreover, the unit is straightforward to use because it has an integrated control panel that allows you to access all the protocols of the unit without a challenge.
Even better, it is constructed with comfortability and safety of users in mind as it comes with a thermal overload protector that prevents any voltage surges.
This massive product is also a 2 stage compressor that provides a 100% duty cycle. This 100% duty cycle means that this air compressor can run non-stop without needing time to cool down in between operations.
The unit is also made using quality cast iron materials hence the ability to operate in harsh working conditions.
Pros and cons of Industrial Air IV5048055
- You can power multiple devices simultaneously
- A powerful unit that can handle your heavy-duty tasks
- It takes up minimal footprint during operation due to its vertical design
- A stable machine that eliminates the worry of tipping over during operations
- You can finish your projects in a fast and efficient manner due to the longer working time
- A well-constructed unit that can handle rough work sites
- You don’t have to worry about voltage surges as the machine is protected using a thermal regulator
- An easy to use unit that has a detailed control panel
- The details on the control panel may require some time to master
- It’s quiet-loud
- It is best suited for stationary operations as it’s quite heavy
- The unit takes a few minutes before it kicks in
- Its oil lubricated meaning it requires maintenance
What can Industrial Air IV5048055 Vertical 80 Gallon Air Compressor be used for?
If you are looking for a unit that can help you deal with large projects in an effective way, then this great air compressor is an excellent choice.
The 80 gallon air compressor is a high performer that enables you to perform jobs faster due to the high air flow. It’s recommended for heavy-duty tasks.
5. Campbell Hausfeld HS5180 Vertical 2-Stage 80 Gallon Air Compressor
Why Taking Campbell Hausfeld HS5180 Vertical 2-Stage 80 Gallon Air Compressor?
One of the most popular 80 gallon air compressors is the Campbell Hausfeld HS5180.
This model is a high-quality unit that is suitable for heavy-duty applications, especially its sizeable 80-gallon tank which ensures that you have enough running time.
Better yet, the 5 HP motor can deliver a maximum working pressure of 175 psi. This pressure is more than enough for your industrial air tool needs.
It is a 2 stages compressor meaning that you can have continues operation for a longer duration.
The 80 gallon capacity is massive but that doesn’t mean it takes a lot of storage space. The design of this air compressor is vertical and compact hence taking little space.
Its construction well measured to provide a machine that is long lasting and can withstand the harsh working environment.
Pros and cons of Campbell Hausfeld HS5180 80 Gallon Air Compressor
- Provides high performance for high duty tasks
- A versatile unit that can work with multiple tools
- Has high-quality material that guarantees durability
- Its vertical design saves storage space
- Provides a dependable continuous air flow without any lags
- Can operate more than 20 high demanding air tools
- Comes from a highly reliable brand
- It’s tremendously huge
- Be ready to endure a loud operation
- You may need to make a separate purchase for a power cord, on and off switch and cut off valve
- The support system is a little bothersome
- Does not come with a written manual
What can Campbell Hausfeld HS5180 Vertical 2-Stage 80 Gallon Air Compressor be used for?
The Campbell air compressor is one of the most robust air compressors that will do well for contractors and workshops.
Once you get this powerful monster running, you will be in for an outstanding operation. It is one of the best 80-gallon air compressors.
6. Ingersoll Rand 2475N7.5-V 80 Gallon Air Compressor
Why Taking Ingersoll Rand 2475N7.5-V 80 Gallon Air Compressor?
The list of the best 80 gallon air compressors would not be complete without the Ingersoll Rand 2475N7.5-V air compressor. It provides you with the reliability required for operating industrial tools.
Its most outstanding feature is its exceptionally robust 7.5 motor. This ensures that you can complete your industrial level tasks effortlessly.
Not to forget the 80 gallon tank capacity that allows you to work for extended durations. Naturally, it’s covered using 100% cast iron which is a high-quality material that’s able to bear some beating.
The air compressor is also pretty versatile give you freedom in choosing all the tools you need to work with.
Pros and cons of Ingersoll Rand 2475N7.5-V 80 Gallon Air Compressor
- It has a smart design that eliminates storage worries
- It is constructed using high-quality materials making it very durable
- Ultra power motor provides outstanding performance
- A reliable unit that will give undisrupted levels of power
- It has convenient features that work towards making it a superior machine
- It is easy to service and maintain
- You will need ear protection as it’s loud
- It is heavy that making it less portable
- You may notice a bad smell during operation
- You are able to encounter sparking from the drain valve
- Require to perform regular cleanups after operations
What can Ingersoll Rand 2475N7.5-V 80 Gallon Air Compressor be used for?
The air compressor is one of the most suitable for large tools that require high power to function.
A video about Ingersoll Rand 2475N7.5-V 80 Gallon Air Compressor:
7. Industrial Air ILA4708065 80 Gallon Air Compressor
Why Taking Industrial Air ILA4708065 80 Gallon Air Compressor?
If you are looking for an air compressor that offers no inhibitions to the type of tools you use, then you just found your fit with the Industrial Air ILA4708065.
This unit delivers a remarkable compressed air of 155 psi which is more than enough to operate most industrial tools.
On top of its high performance, the unit is built for a strong endurance to the toughest working conditions which ensure the durability of your unit.
The iron cast case is an example of features that help ensure sturdiness and durability.
Better still, you will be able to use this unit with minimal effort due to the integrated control panel that gives you access to all the components of the 80-gallon air compressor.
The 80-gallon tank also helps ensure an optimal performance whereby it assists in offering an extended continuous duty cycle.
Pros and cons of Industrial Air ILA4708065 80 Gallon Air Compressor
- It is smart design hardly takes up any space
- A high-performance unit for all projects
- A versatile unit that can work with large industrial tools
- The installation process is not challenging
- Sturdy and solidly built hence very durable
- It allows you to multitask as it can support different devices at the same time
- An integrated control panel helps make operations easier
- Oil lubricated a such requires consistent maintenance
- A loud unit that’s not suitable for quiet areas
- It’s not easy to move it from one job site to another
- The control panel is very detailed and may require some skills to operate
- It may not work efficiently in cold areas
What can Industrial Air ILA4708065 80 Gallon Air Compressor be used for?
Just as the name suggests, the air compressor is best suited for industrial projects that require large tools.
None beats the Industrial air compressor when it comes to quality and steady performance. It would be an excellent addition to your machinery.
The Bottom Line
We have provided you with some valuable details concerning the best 80-gallon air compressors.
We have also summarized the feature in the comparison table. This is enough details to help you make an informed decision.