Settling on the right 30 gallon air compressor can be challenging based on your requirements. Air tools are very specialized. Therefore, making the right decision is daunting.
There are many compressors on the market, each with different features. In most cases, buyers get confused due to these features.
Well, today we have compiled 7 air compressors, with a tank capacity of 30 gallons. We did the same with 10 gallon air tools. That means they come in different sizes.
- 1 Sizes of air compressors
- 2 Editor’s Top 3 Picks of 30 Gallon Air Compressors Comparison Chart
- 3 7 Best 30 Gallon Air Compressors Review
- 3.1 1. DeWalt DXCMLA1983012 Oil-Free 30 Gallon Air Compressor
- 3.2 2. DeWalt DXCMH1393075 Two-Stage Cast Iron 30 Gallon Air Compressor
- 3.3 3. Industrial Air ILA1883054 Belt Driven 30 Gallon Air Compressor
- 3.4 4. DeWalt DXCMLA1983054 Portable 30 Gallon Air Compressor
- 3.5 5. DeWalt DXCMLA1683066 1.6 HP Oil-Lube 30 Gallon Air Compressor
- 3.6 6. Industrial Air ILA1683066 Cast Iron Oil-Lube 30 Gallon Air Compressor
- 3.7 7. Porter Cable PXCMLC1683066 Single-Stage 30 Gallon Air Compressor
- 4 The Bottom Line
Sizes of air compressors
Perhaps you wonder why the size matters. Well, the most suitable way to see the situation is “bigger is better.”
Unlike a 10-gallon air tool, the one with 30 gallon tank capacity can hold more air. Hence, the high air capacity will let you use the tool for a long time before its pressure decreases.
In addition, the 30-gallon units are built to have really high CFM rating. Some go up to 25 CFM at 90 psi. This high CFM is great for running heavy-duty pneumatic tools such as impact wrenches, grinders, and sanders.
Besides size, 30 gallon air tools come at different prices depending on their features, design, and type.
We selected ours based on tank capacity, durability, compatibility, and reliability. The rest lacked one feature or the other. Hopefully, this guide will assist you to pick the right air compressor.
Editor’s Top 3 Picks of 30 Gallon Air Compressors Comparison Chart
We will dig deeper into some of 30 Gallon Air Compressor models available in the market so as to help you make an informed decision.
DeWalt DXCMLA1983012 Oil-Free 30 Gallon Air Compressor
DeWalt DXCMH1393075 Two-Stage Cast Iron 30 Gallon Air Compressor
Industrial Air ILA1883054 Belt Driven 30 Gallon Air Compressor
|Customer Rating||(3.4 / 5)||(5 / 5)||(4 / 5)|
|PSI||155 PSI max||175 PSI max||155 PSI max|
|CFM||6.0 CFM at 90 PSI||24 CFM at 100 PSI||5.7 CFM at 90 PSI|
|Weight||112 pounds||427 pounds||185 pounds|
|Stage||2 stage||2 stage||Single stage|
|Horsepower||1.9 HP||13 HP||2 HP|
|Power source||Corded-electric||Air power||Electric-powered|
|Voltage||120 V||120/240 V||120/240 V
|Bottom Line||DeWalt DXCMLA1983012 is built for those in need of a portable choice. Also, the unit is made for contractors, professionals and serious DIY users.||DeWalt DXCMH1393075 is ideal for service contractors & trucks operating multiple tools.||Industrial Air ILA1883054 is surely made for everyone starting from the professional, farm and DIY user.|
7 Best 30 Gallon Air Compressors Review
1. DeWalt DXCMLA1983012 Oil-Free 30 Gallon Air Compressor
Why Taking DeWalt DXCMLA1983012 Oil-Free 30 Gallon Air Compressor?
Since my grandfather’s time, DeWalt has produced quality products. DXCMLA 1983012 isn’t an exception. The company has built power tools and equipment since 1924.
This DeWalt 30 gallon air compressor is made to last. Likewise, the unit is a perfect choice for those searching for a low-maintenance tool.
This compressor has a direct-drive operation and is oil-free. This means there is no need to change or tighten the oil tank and belts.
Also, the air compressor has a pump design that it patented. Its 2-piece cooling system adds to its cooling efficiencies. As a result, the pump’s life extends and reduces operating temperatures.
Pros and cons of DeWalt DXCMLA1983012 Oil-Free 30 Gallon Air Compressor
- Has 12-months warranty
- Takes around five minutes to refill on auto
- Holds enough air to fill up my tires on Hummer
- Perfect for blowing sprinkler systems in the office or at home
- The tank on the unit is great, but the motor is sub-par
- Could overheat in summer
- Could be very loud – at 78dBA
- The CFM amount isn’t ideal for highly demanding tools such as 1” impact wrenches and sanders
This air tool isn’t ideal for paint projects at automotive shops. Instead, use a 5-hp two stage compressor or a bigger one.
What can DeWalt DXCMLA1983012 Oil-Free 30 Gallon Air Compressor be used for?
The DeWalt DXCMLA1983012 is built for those in need of a portable choice. Also, the unit is made for contractors, professionals and serious DIY users.
It runs high consumption air units such as sanders, paint sprayers and nail guns.
2. DeWalt DXCMH1393075 Two-Stage Cast Iron 30 Gallon Air Compressor
Why Taking DeWalt DXCMH1393075 Two-Stage Cast Iron 30 Gallon Air Compressor?
Air compressor with truck-mounted can withstand dirt, dust, vibration and harsh weather. DXCMH1393075 from DeWalt is one of them.
This truck-mounted compressor delivers a maximum 22 CFM @ 175 psi. This power is ample to run one air tool and above, consecutively.
DXCMH1393075 is easy to operate. The tank valve lets you drain the unit thoroughly and quickly. The electric start gives reliable and instant starts.
The metal melt guard is uniquely designed for added durability. The guard enhances the cooling of the pump by 60 degrees F. this cooling is higher than that of other compressors.
Importantly, the metal belt guard is fully enclosed to protect and cover moving parts.
Pros and cons of DeWalt DXCMH1393075 Two-Stage Cast Iron 30 Gallon Air Compressor
- Cast iron flywheel and cylinder head runs for cool for long
- Oversized grade bearings increases pump life and durability
- The high power output makes this exhaustive, strong tool highly usable
- The patented design of the pump cools the engine when in operation – to avoid overheating
- High flow controller offers more air for tough tasks such as loosening rusted nuts
- Solberg air filter allows better filtration and sound dampening for efficiency
- Dependable, quiet and powerful air tool
- Effortless electric key-start with recoil backup
- Could be slightly expensive compared to normal air compressors
The unit features a reliable Honda GX390 OHV Gas Engine. This is the best engine for running gas operated construction tools such as pressure washers, log splitters, air compressors, and water pumps.
Hence, you can use the engine in highly demanding commercial projects.
What can DeWalt DXCMH1393075 Two-Stage Cast Iron 30 Gallon Air Compressor be used for?
The air compressor is ideal for service contractors & trucks operating multiple tools.
A video about DeWalt DXCMH1393075 Two-Stage Cast Iron 30 Gallon Air Compressor:
3. Industrial Air ILA1883054 Belt Driven 30 Gallon Air Compressor
Why Taking Industrial Air ILA1883054 Belt Driven 30 Gallon Air Compressor?
If you are searching for a sturdy and efficient single stage air tool, then ILA1883054 is it.
A heavy duty 2-voltage induction motor powers this unit. This means it can operate for long before running out of the air.
The pre-assembled pneumatic tires make the unit highly portable. Moreover, the unit is made to last long. All the essential parts are on top with a vertical fit that is designed efficiently.
Looking at its black color you can tell it looks less bulky. Such color blends perfectly in your background, which avoids distraction as bright-colored compressors pose.
The hose power for this unit is 1.9HP. Likewise, it provides 7 CFM at 40 psi and 5.7 CFM at 90 psi. This means the air compressor can power two air tools at once.
Pros and cons of Industrial Air ILA1883054 Belt Driven 30 Gallon Air Compressor
- Easy to store the unit when necessary
- This compressor is perfect for its functionality and cost
- Rated, certified and durable tank
- Designed simply and highly portable
- High power capacity that can run more than one pneumatic tool
- The air compressor works perfect and isn’t loud
- The pressure switch might shut down or fail, requires a replacement
- The recharge time seems to take forever
- The pressure gauge bezel might be loose, which might hinder you from determining air pressure after the operation
- Re-mount every air path piece after 30 minutes because all joints might develop air leaks
Exclusively, this unit is built to support heavy duty requirements of a service truck, livestock operation and mechanic shop.
This compressor supports quite a variety of air tools like air-powered angle grinders, die grinders, randomly orbiting sander, heavy-duty impact wrench etc.
What can Industrial Air ILA1883054 Belt Driven 30 Gallon Air Compressor be used for?
The Industrial Air ILA1883054 is surely made for everyone starting from the professional, farm and DIY user.
4. DeWalt DXCMLA1983054 Portable 30 Gallon Air Compressor
Why Taking DeWalt DXCMLA1983054 Portable 30 Gallon Air Compressor?
DXCMLA1983054 air compressor from DeWalt is highly reliable and efficient. Besides, the unit is easy to operate without forgetting its maximum portability.
One of its notable features is the heavy duty 1.9 HP, induction motor and dual voltage. Hence, the air tool provides maximum efficiency and performance.
Additionally, the unit is wired for 120V outlet, which converts to 240V operation.
The belt drive is another attractive feature. This makes the air tool last long and have a better transfer of power.
The convenient control is another feature you cannot overlook. The feature allows you to view the output & tank gauges and quick-set regulator. The on/off switch reduces tear & wear on the power cord.
Finally, the air compressor ships with synthetic oil. As a result, the unit will perform best and live longer. The oil-sight glass makes maintenance simple.
Pros and cons of DeWalt DXCMLA1983054 Portable 30 Gallon Air Compressor
- Easy to use, exceeds expectations
- High-quality design
- Runs a rivet gun for simple assembly without the need to cycle
- The unit fills up to 155 pounds, which is ideal volume
- Has easy to read gauges
- Easy to adjust the pressure
- The unit operates pretty quietly
- Slightly heavy
- The rubber feet could be a bit thick and the compressor’s weight pushes it down harshly
- Getting confirmation about shipping could be slow, but ships on time
- The bleed valve on the bottom is challenging to reach
This air unit is ideal for tools with high air consumption such as sanders, nail guns, and paint sprayers, among others.
What can DeWalt DXCMLA1983054 Portable 30 Gallon Air Compressor be used for?
DeWalt DXCMLA1983054 air tool is made for the professional and is job-site tough.
A video about DeWalt DXCMLA1983054 Portable 30 Gallon Air Compressor:
5. DeWalt DXCMLA1683066 1.6 HP Oil-Lube 30 Gallon Air Compressor
Why Taking DeWalt DXCMLA1683066 1.6 HP Oil-Lube 30 Gallon Air Compressor?
The best thing with DXCMLA1683066 air compressor from DeWalt is that it comes fully assembled. So, you will use it immediately after unpacking.
Durable components are a plus for this air tool. The stain-zero steel reed valves and automotive ball bearings let the machine operate for long.
The cast iron V-Twin cylinder pump is another feature of the compressor. The crankcase and cylinder body is made of cast iron for thermal control.
Essentially, the air compressor provides 6.2 CFM @ 40 psi and 5.3 CFM at 90 psi for maximum tool operation.
The pneumatic tire decreases vibration and handles different terrain. Besides, the sight glass for oil level makes maintenance easy.
Pros and cons of DeWalt DXCMLA1683066 1.6 HP Oil-Lube 30 Gallon Air Compressor
- Being an oil-lube compressor, it does a great job in sound issues
- Likewise, the unit’s life prolongs due to the oil
- High capacity compressor for industrial use because it handles high demands
- Lightweight, something you wouldn’t expect from a 30-gallon compressor
- Very portable through its wheels
- The tank is ASME certified: hence meets every safety standard
- Works perfectly with small projects
- Has power amperage of 13 amps, so works at minimal with a 15 amp circuit
- Awkward wheel assembly
- Poor documentation
You can use the air compressor to inflate tires, spray guns and other air operated accessories.
However, avoid using the unit to inflate tiny low-pressure objects like basketballs, footballs or kid’s toys.
What can DeWalt DXCMLA1683066 1.6 HP Oil-Lube 30 Gallon Air Compressor be used for?
The DXCMLA1682066 from DeWalt is tough for job site and built for professionals.
6. Industrial Air ILA1683066 Cast Iron Oil-Lube 30 Gallon Air Compressor
Why Taking Industrial Air ILA1683066 Cast Iron Oil-Lube 30 Gallon Air Compressor?
Belt drive and oil lubricated this ILA1683066 30-gallon air tool operates quietly compared to direct drive compressors.
The induction motor can handle heavy duty projects. This makes the air compressor highly efficient in its operations.
The tank is portable through its pneumatic tires. This feature is great because you can carry the machine from one area to the other.
The tool can perform optimally because of its max pressure of 155 psi.
Pros and cons of Industrial Air ILA1683066 Cast Iron Oil-Lube 30 Gallon Air Compressor
- The performance and power is reliable
- Highly portable 30 gallon compressor
- Easy to operate
- No air leaks
- Ready to use once you take it out of the shipping box
- The design looks durable
- This baby is efficient and quiet
- The cast iron pump appears true for maximum longevity
- Anti-vibration foot pads for the unit were a joke
- The circuit breaker might go off if you don’t have a dedicated electric line
- Could be pricey, but fulfills its demands
The air compressor is exclusively designed for heavy duty requirements such as in the service truck, livestock operation, and mechanic shop.
Some of the air tools compatible with this compressor include sandblaster, air drills, heavy duty impact wrenches and lifting jack.
What can Industrial Air ILA1683066 Cast Iron Oil-Lube 30 Gallon Air Compressor be used for?
For sure, this Industrial Air compressor will please almost everyone such as professionals, DIYers and those in the farms.
7. Porter Cable PXCMLC1683066 Single-Stage 30 Gallon Air Compressor
Why Taking Porter Cable PXCMLC1683066 Single-Stage 30 Gallon Air Compressor?
The Porter Cable PXCMLC1683066 air unit powers pneumatic tools from whatever location of your choice. The heavy-duty induction motor can deliver max efficiency and performance.
The unit is designed to last with a V-twin cylinder, oil-lube pump, and one cast iron crankcase. This cast iron makes the cylinder stable.
Looking at the air tool, you’ll notice quality in each detail. For instance, the stainless steel reed-valves appear durable.
With a sight glass to check oil level, maintaining the tank is easy. This makes it easy to access the oil fill as well.
Finally, the ASME tank has pneumatic tires to help you move the unit from one location to the other.
Pros and cons of Porter Cable PXCMLC1683066 Single-Stage 30 Gallon Air Compressor
- The unit has a balanced inertial force. The operation is safe and stable with little vibration
- Easy maintenance and operation
- Few parts, few wear, and high reliability
- Durable design built to last
- Reliable precision designed components
- Instant set regulator
- Heavy duty 1.6 hp, 120-240V induction motor
- Has both regulator and tank gauges
- The structure is bulky and complex
- There is vibration when the machine operates
- Being a single-stage air tool, it generates more heat, which might wear the parts quickly
The air compressor can do woodworking such as nailing, drilling, and sawing. Likewise, the unit can carry out metal work such as shearing and grinding.
What can Porter Cable PXCMLC1683066 Single-Stage 30 Gallon Air Compressor be used for?
PXCMLC1683066 is built for professionals and DIYers.
The Bottom Line
Air compressors have become a necessity in most job sites because of their benefits and simplicity. Actually, almost every industry relies on these tools to some extent.
They provide freedom from huge electricity bills and hardly need separate motors. These are some of the reasons you should consider a 30 gallon air compressor for your next projects.
Hopefully, these reviews will help you select the right one.