Are you looking for a compressor to help you carry out light and quick tasks? Or a technician who values his work, needs a quick turn-around with an uninterrupted performance? A 20 Gallon Air Compressor will come in handy for you.
The 20-gallon compressors can be used for various purposes. But the only challenge is the market offers many 20 Gallon Air Compressor brands and deciding which to buy can be confusing.
- 1 Editor’s Top 3 Picks of 20 Gallon Air Compressors Comparison Chart
- 2 5 Best 20 Gallon Air Compressors Review
- 2.1 1. WEN 2202 Oil-Lubricated Portable 20 Gallon Air Compressor
- 2.2 2. DeWalt DXCMPA1982054 Portable 20 Gallon Air Compressor
- 2.3 3. Industrial Air IT20ASME ASME Certified 20 Gallon Air Compressor
- 2.4 4. Porter Cable PXCMF220VW Portable 20 Gallon Air Compressor
- 2.5 5. Campbell Hausfeld DC200000 Portable 20 Gallon Air Compressor
- 3 The Bottom Line
Editor’s Top 3 Picks of 20 Gallon Air Compressors Comparison Chart
We will dig deeper into some of 20 gallon air compressor models available in the market so as to help you make an informed decision.
WEN 2202 Oil-Lubricated Portable 20 Gallon Air Compressor
DeWalt DXCMPA1982054 Portable 20 Gallon Air Compressor
Industrial Air IT20ASME ASME Certified 20 Gallon Air Compressor
|Customer Rating||(3.8 / 5)||(5 / 5)||(4.1 / 5)|
|PSI||135 PSI||155 PSI||175 PSI|
|CFM||3.8 CFM at 90 PSI||5.7 CFM at 90 PSI||5.1 CFM at 90 PSI|
|Weight||86 pounds||166 pounds||58.9 pounds|
|Noise level||-||78 dBA||-|
|Voltage||120 V||120 V||120 V|
|Horsepower||1.5 HP||1.9 HP||1 HP|
|Bottom Line||WEN 2202 is a great tool for carpenters in their nail gun, garage owners for spraying, riders for their bikes, and woodworkers for blowing saw dust.||For serious DIY users, contractors or professional, carpenters, workshop people, and many others. If you are don’t want to be disappointed, DeWalt DXCMPA1982054 is an excellent compressor for you.||Industrial Air IT20ASME ASME is the perfect tool for people who want to carry out heavy duties like farmers and workshop operators (like a garage). It’s also suitable for small jobs.|
Want to read more reviews? Just scroll down with us.
5 Best 20 Gallon Air Compressors Review
1. WEN 2202 Oil-Lubricated Portable 20 Gallon Air Compressor
Why Taking WEN 2202 Oil-Lubricated Portable 20 Gallon Air Compressor?
WEN 2202 is one of the best 20 Gallon air compressors you will find out there.
One of the greatest features of WEN 2202 is that it has a vertical 20 Gallon tank that is fitted with two rubber-footed leg and two wheels for stability.
The two onboard wheels and a handle which eases transportation to your site than ever.
It also has a recommendable air flow rate. This compressor offers an air flow rate of 5.0 CFM at 40 PSI and 3.8 CFM at 90 PSI.
Better still, 20-gallon tank is built with reinforced steel that can provide a maximum pressure of 135 PSI. Amazing, right?
We will be doing injustice to this brand if we fail to mention that it has an easy-to-reach fast drain valve, two pressure gauges and a quarter inch NPT quick coupler. This makes the air compressor easier to operate.
Moreover, this excellent air compressor measures 19.5 x 17.5 x 42 inches, it doesn’t take much of your space. And it only weighs 96 pounds.
Pros and cons of WEN 2202 Oil-Lubricated Portable 20 Gallon Air Compressor
- Its backed with a 2-year warranty
- PSI doesn’t drop even after leaving it for long
- Reliable because of the automatic shutdown function
- It has a highly fast recovery speed
- It is not much louder
- Very easy to set up
- Sometimes the regulator may fail
- Some plastic material making it may sometimes break
- A bit louder when working with it for long hours
You can freely plug in nailers, spray guns, staplers or any other pneumatical tools that are versatile and dependable on your woodworking and painting needs.
What can WEN 2202 Oil-Lubricated Portable Vertical 20 Gallon Air Compressor be used for?
WEN 2202 is a great tool for carpenters in their nail gun, garage owners for spraying, riders for their bikes, and woodworkers for blowing saw dust.
This great looking unit works as per your needs. It is recommendable to anyone who needs an air compressor for a home garage.
2. DeWalt DXCMPA1982054 Portable 20 Gallon Air Compressor
Why Taking DeWalt DXCMPA1982054 Portable 20 Gallon Air Compressor?
DeWalt Air Compressor is a china-made brand designed for the robust site. From my experience, this is an excellent unit due to its portability, high volume, and high capacity to get your job done faster.
One feature of the WEN 2202 compressor that standout is that it has an air flow rate of 5.7 CMF at 90 PSI and 7.0CMF at 40 PSI, meaning it can support a maximum pressure of 155 PSI.
This pressure allows you to finish your project faster and with ease.
Again, this brand has a wired dual voltage that offers a standard 120V outlet but can be changed for a 240V application. This voltage ensures that you don’t waste a lot of currents while using this great compressor.
Even better, it’s fitted with a working pressure gauges, quick-set regulator, on/off switch and tank. This ensures that you save on time and cost that you could have spent if you were to strain manually.
More importantly, the 20-gallon ASME tank is attached with pneumatic tires that ease transportation. The wheels allow the gallon to be easily trolled in hectic places like grassy area.
Pros and cons of DeWalt DXCMPA1982054 Portable 20 Gallon Air Compressor
- Easy to operate. You have only to switch on.
- Easy to transport because of the fitted tires.
- Builds pressure very fast.
- Safe to use than the traditional ones.
- Efficient and reliable because it allows heat dissipation.
- Durable because of its cast iron which it is built from.
- Effective as the flow regulator provide more torque.
- A bit expensive, but it worth the value.
- Needs a 15A circuit which is not provided.
- Sometimes the safety valve can burst, but it’s easy to fix.
This is a perfect air compressor for high compatibility with air tools like paint sprayers, sanders, nail guns, and other many pneumatic tools.
What can DeWalt DXCMPA1982054 Portable 20 Gallon Air Compressor be used for?
For serious DIY users, contractors or professional, carpenters, workshop people, and many others. If you are don’t want to be disappointed, DeWalt DXCMPA1982054 is an excellent compressor for you.
3. Industrial Air IT20ASME ASME Certified 20 Gallon Air Compressor
Why Taking Industrial Air IT20ASME ASME Certified 20 Gallon Air Compressor?
Industrial Air IT20ASME is a great air compressor for heavy duties like farming and garage. It allows an air flow rate of 5.3 CFM at 90 PSI and 6.2 CFM at 40 PSI.
This translate to a whopping maximum pressure of 175 PSI. And for your information, it is SA and UL certified hence safe.
To add on that, Industrial Air IT20ASME is built from cast iron, oil lubricated pump and four twin cylinder which gives it a long life.
This means that you should be confident while buying this product as it can stay for many years without showing any problems. The warranty also indicates they are durable.
Additionally, the unit is fitted with fast set regulators, nice working pressure gauge, on/off switch, quick connect air tank and a tank with oil level sight glass (to monitor the oil level).
These features enhance the efficiency of this great product.
Pros and cons of Industrial Air IT20ASME ASME Certified 20 Gallon Air Compressor
- It comes with a two-year warranty
- It’s Quiet as the annoying noise is muffled
- It’s Simple to set up and use
- Very powerful to finish your tasks with ease
- Very efficient air compressor regarding time and budget
- It has an easily accessible oil fill
- It’s easy to move to and from your site/store
- It’s quiet as the annoying noise is muffled
- Sometimes the belt pull may misalign, but easy to fix
- It’s heavy if the wheels become faulty
- If not well maintained, the cooling system may be a problem
Industrial Air IT20ASME is compatible with an impact wrench, plasma cutter, drills, painter, tube cans and other pneumatic tools.
What can Industrial Air IT20ASME ASME Certified 20 Gallon Air Compressor be used for?
Industrial Air IT20ASME ASME is the perfect tool for people who want to carry out heavy duties like farmers and workshop operators (like a garage). It’s also suitable for small jobs.
It is also a super quiet compressor that works well, and I can highly recommend anyone who wants to purchase this product.
4. Porter Cable PXCMF220VW Portable 20 Gallon Air Compressor
Why Taking Porter Cable PXCMF220VW Portable 20 Gallon Air Compressor?
Porter Cable 20 Gallon Air Compressor is an electric oil free brand with handle and thick pressure gauge.
The compressor has also 7-inch semi-pneumatic wheels which ensure the gallon is easily transported to work sites. And has rubber feet to enhance stability.
Porter Cable PXCMF220VW has impressive airflow rate of 4.0 CFM at 90 PSI and 5.0 CFM and 40 PSI.
It also has a maximum pressure of 150 PSI with a horsepower of 1.5 and its oil-free motor type. All this make it powerful and easy to maintain.
Additionally, it’s equipped with two pressure gauges: the first one monitors internal pressure while the other regulates the airflow. It also has a quick regulator which makes the product to work well.
The compressor has a fully enclosed shroud that protects both the pump and the motor. This ensures that your compressor is long lasting.
Pros and cons of Porter Cable PXCMF220VW Portable 20 Gallon Air Compressor
- Cheap to maintain
- You don’t have to check and change oils
- It needs only a small voltage hence reducing current draw
- Easy to start the torque on the motor
- Long-life pump with a warranty
- It takes a short time to build pressure
- Compatible with many other tools.
- Kind louder, but not too loud
- When not well maintained, it can rattle and shake
- The tank drain is a bit little.
This great equipment is compatible with all impacts and air tools like stapler, nailer, paint sprayer and others.
What can Porter Cable PXCMF220VW Portable 20 Gallon Air Compressor be used for?
Porter Cable Gallon Air Compressor is a great tool for people who do jobs like bolting or wrenching, hobby painting, nailing, stapling or inflating.
You will be delighted with this brand and will recommend it to anyone who needs a durable air compressor for home or light industrial use.
5. Campbell Hausfeld DC200000 Portable 20 Gallon Air Compressor
Why Taking Campbell Hausfeld DC200000 Portable 20 Gallon Air Compressor?
Campbell Hausfeld is another beautiful air compressor that helps you to finish your projects more comfortable and faster.
You will love this compressor’s horizontal design with an air flow rate of 4 CFM at 90 PSI.
It also has a maximum pressure of 150 PSI which assists you to finish your project on time. The high speed also helps you to save on cost.
Campbell Hausfeld DC200000 is equipped with large wheels and handle. And it allows you to roll it to and from your site or store and fasten your project too. Forget about struggling to carry your compressor.
Also, it’s a long-lasting oil-free pump offers you with extended, hassle-free operation while still ensuring excellent motor performance. No worries as maintenance are eased.
Better yet, it contains optimally placed panel for easy reading and completely control the air manipulation. This ensures that the operating of the machine is eased.
Pros and cons of Campbell Hausfeld DC200000 Portable 20 Gallon Air Compressor
- Quick to fill up as the fill is optimally placed
- It’s sturdy; a feature that prevents it from faults
- Looks colorful in its blue color
- It’s efficient in its works
- Easy to maintain
- Easily portable from your site of work
- A little louder but not too loud
- It’s not easy to fill; it may take some of your time
- Without proper maintenance, the valve may leak.
Campbell Hausfeld Gallon Air Compressor is compatible with pressure washers, nailers, staplers, blow guns, paint sprayer, inflation needles, and other pneumatic tools.
What can Campbell Hausfeld DC200000 Portable 20 Gallon Air Compressor be used for?
Campbell Hausfeld is for people who carry or may want to carry out a variety of tasks like inflation, hobby paint, tightening and bolting.
Also, it can serve best garage tasks, bowing and blowing out filters.
To be honest, It is an air compressor that I can preach to people to buy because it has served me well
A video about Campbell Hausfeld DC200000 Portable 20 Gallon Air Compressor:
The Bottom Line
It’s the high time to choose between these 5 Best 20 Gallon Compressors which one best suit you. These great compressors are great for DIY auto spares.
It’s true that mechanic bills are too high, but you can change the fuel filters to survive. With these air compressors, you will receive a few instructions that will enable you to install and use the compressor with ease.