Small portable air compressor is the most appropriate tool to help you accomplish light-weight tasks, especially if you’re a DIY enthusiast or a hobbyist.
It also accords you the freedom to use your air compressor in various jobs.
The market is also flooded with many small portable air compressors. Therefore, choosing the appropriate unit that is ideal for your needs might be difficult.
To give you an easier time when buying a small portable air compressor, we have compiled a list of seven of the best small air compressors in the market.
- 1 Editor’s Top 3 Picks of Small Portable Air Compressors Comparison Chart
- 2 7 Best Small Portable Air Compressor Review
- 2.1 1. ONTEL Air Hawk Automatic Small Portable Air Compressor
- 2.2 2. Kensun AC/DC Small Portable Air Compressor
- 2.3 3. California Air Tools CAT-1P1060S Light & Quiet Small Portable Air Compressor
- 2.4 4. VIAIR 400P Small Portable Air Compressor
- 2.5 5. RoadTek RTK-WARP Digital Small Portable Air Compressor
- 2.6 6. Hausbell 3035 Small Portable Air Compressor
- 2.7 7. Ryobi P737+P107 Small Portable Air Compressor
- 3 The Bottom Line
Editor’s Top 3 Picks of Small Portable Air Compressors Comparison Chart
California Air Tools CAT-1P1060S Quiet Portable Air Compressor
ONTEL Air Hawk Automatic Small Portable Air Compressor
Kensun AC/DC Small Portable Air Compressor
|Customer Rating||(4.5 / 5)||(3.6 / 5)||(4.1 / 5)|
|Tank||1 gallon||0 gallon||0 gallon|
|PSI||150 PSI max||50 PSI max||90 PSI max|
|Weight||29 pounds||2.93 pounds||5 pounds|
|Voltage||110 volts||12 volts||12 volts battery/ 110V AC power|
|Power source||Corded electric||Battery||AC/ DC|
|Bottom Line||The quality and convenience of California Air Tools CAT-1P1060S make it a high standard unit for both DIY-ers and professionals||ONTEL Air Hawk stands among the most powerful and user-friendly air compressors. Its unique technology also gives it unique features making it an incredible buy.||Based on the user experience Kensun AC/DC is an air compressor that can only be used occasionally to add in pressure on emergency cases.|
Want to read more reviews? Just scroll down with us.
7 Best Small Portable Air Compressor Review
1. ONTEL Air Hawk Automatic Small Portable Air Compressor
Why Taking ONTEL Air Hawk Automatic Small Portable Air Compressor?
This light handheld unit is probably one of the most portable small air compressors in the market.
When it comes to inflating tires, the Air Hawk compressor does an outstanding job in just less than 90 seconds.
Its size also allows you to store it in the trunk of your car for easy accessibility.
It is also designed to give you a comfortable grip while using it. This cordless air compressor has a digital LED display for easy reading even in the dark.
Naturally, this unit automatically shuts off when the tire is fully inflated making it even easier to use.
You do not have to worry about power outage since the unit comes equipped with backup batteries that support it for hours.
Pros and cons of ONTEL Air Hawk
- You can choose to connect it directly to a power source or a battery
- It has a comfortable grip thus giving you an easy time when using it
- The digital display makes it easy to monitor the level of inflation pressure
- Its small in size and therefore perfect for storing in your car
- You can use it as a cordless inflator when not near a power source
- The fact that it automatically shuts off after its inflated is an added plus
- You don’t have to worry about using it in the dark as it has an inbuilt LED light
- Slow hence you may experience delays in inflating something tasks
- It comes with a short attachment cord which is a challenge to reaching all tires
- The battery charge only lasts a few minutes you will be required to charge it often
What can ONTEL Air Hawk Automatic Small Portable Air Compressor be used for?
This air compressor is a necessary item for your vehicle and garage use. It allows you to inflate tires, mattresses and sports equipment.
The air compressor stands among the most powerful and user-friendly air compressors. Its unique technology also gives it unique features making it an incredible buy.
A video about ONTEL Air Hawk Automatic Small Portable Air Compressor:
2. Kensun AC/DC Small Portable Air Compressor
Why Taking Kensun AC/DC Small Portable Air Compressor?
At one point the tires on your car are bound to leak, and if not carefully checked, you will notice a loss in gas mileage and your tire may start wearing out.
Even worse, such a tire can lead to accidents. To avoid this, you will need a Kensun small portable air compressor.
The widely versatile air compressor goes further than just dealing with common functions of an air compressor. This is because its compatible with both AC and DC sockets.
The fact that it comes with digital presets means that you can easily achieve the perfect pressure without any worries.
Another thing that you will love about the Kensun air compressor is its small and compact nature. You can easily carry it in your car truck and use it whenever you need.
Weighing a mere 4.3 pounds makes moving this air compressor less demanding. It is also easy to use and install.
You will, therefore, be able to take care of your tires properly without any assistance. Its comprehensive functionality is backed up by its adaptability to both home and car sockets.
This is further enhanced by the variety of accessories such as the long cord for reaching all the car tires with absolute ease.
It has an accessible pressure gauge that contains LED light for easy reading.
The air compressor will also surprise you with a unique versatility that exceeds most regular compressors.
It can handle heavy-duty functions such as inflating tires or delicate ones such as toys and beach balls.
Pros and cons of Kensun AC/DC Small Portable Air Compressor
- You will be happy with the stability of the air compressor
- Unlike most other air compressors on the market, you will not need to buy extra batteries for you to use it
- You will have an easy time setting up and using the air compressor
- Allows you to access the back tires with absolute ease due to the long DC able
- It’s easy to store in the trunk of your car due to its small size
- Has a LED light that provides illumination in the night
- You can use on either DC or AC sockets comfortably
- It does not offer a separate storage compartment for the DC cable
- Due to the low air pressure, you may have to wait a while before it fills up your tire
- You may experience problems starting after it has been in storage for long
What can Kensun AC/DC Small Portable Air Compressor be used for?
The Kensun air compressor with a digital display is the most suitable inflator for both your home and car needs.
The unit delivers 35psi. You can be sure that the ideal air pressure levels will be achieved.
We all agree that our cars deserve the best care not only for durability but also for our security.
One best way to ensure that the tires of your car are always in the top-notch condition is by getting yourself the Kensun small and portable air compressor.
3. California Air Tools CAT-1P1060S Light & Quiet Small Portable Air Compressor
Why Taking California Air Tools CAT-1P1060S Light & Quiet Small Portable Air Compressor?
The California Air Tools 1P1060S is a small portable air compressor that goes further to accomplish more than just inflation tasks.
This small, lightweight air compressor weighs only 29.5 pounds making it exceptionally easy to move from one job location to another. Even better, it comes with a handle making even easier for you to transport it.
Additionally, the small air compressor has a wide variety of uses ranging from the usual inflation of tires, mattresses to toys. It can also inflate brad guns, finish nails, airbrushes as well as a staple gun.
This steel tank air compressor is a durable unit that gives you a break on maintenance issues due to its oil-free nature.
It can also pull a maximum pressure of 120psi which offers you an easy time to inflate pressure demanding tasks.
Furthermore, it’s an incredibly quiet tool coming in at just 56dBa. You will also have an easier time reaching the power outlets with a 72-inch power cord.
Pros and cons of California Air Tools CAT-1P1060S
- This is one of the most silent air compressors you will find reaching the only 56Dba.
- You will be spoilt for a choice on the many projects you can accomplish using this unit.
- With appropriate usage, you will enjoy the unit for a long time due to its quality components.
- A 72inch power cord makes it easy to move from one power outlet to another.
- Its oil-free pump helps you save on costs of maintenance.
- A super quiet compressor that provides a cool working environment
- A tiny little package for easy storage
- You will be required to make a separate purchase for a hose
- A small tank meaning that you may have to endure frequent restarts
- Need to purchase an in-built hose separately
What can California Air Tools CAT-1P1060S Small Portable Air Compressor be used for?
The small portable air compressor is a versatile unit that can be used on many different projects. It is, therefore, used by DIY enthusiasts, small professional projects, and hobbyists.
This high-quality air compressor is compact, quiet and easy to use. It also boasts of a vast category of uses. Despite its few misgivings, the air compressor is worth the price.
A video about California Air Tools CAT-1P1060S Light & Quiet Small Portable Air Compressor:
4. VIAIR 400P Small Portable Air Compressor
Why Taking VIAIR 400P Small Portable Air Compressor?
A perfect example of an excellent small portable air compressor is the VIAR 400P. This unit is stable yet lightweight, making it favorable for small jobs.
The air compressor provides superior performance and can also handle some heavy-duty inflations.
The kit comes armed with a carry case for easy transportation and storage whenever you are on the move.
It also includes a 25-foot air hose that allows you to reach all your car tires easily. With a maximum pressure of 150psi the unit can be used on some of the largest tires.
And we can all agree that this unit is a convenient and perfect solution for getting you back on the road, problem free.
Pros and cons of VIAIR 400P
- You can use it to inflate up to a 35-inch tire
- It comes with a 25-feet air hose that allows you to reach all the vehicle tires
- Can be used to handle a variety of your inflation projects
- Will get you back on the road in less than 10 minutes
- You will be able to use it immediately after unboxing
- It comes with a carry case for easier transport and storage
- Comes with heavy-duty clamps that can be used for large inflation job
- You cannot use to in extreme weather conditions
- Must be used when the engine is running
- The clamps are pretty small and may give you a hard time using it
What can VIAIR 400P Small Portable Air Compressor be used for?
The air compressor is perfect for off-road enthusiasts as it provides a powerful solution to all their inflation needs.
This is one of the most remarkable small portable air compressors that one should own. It is light and compact enough to be a worthwhile companion for all your off-road inflation needs.
5. RoadTek RTK-WARP Digital Small Portable Air Compressor
Why Taking RoadTek RTK-WARP Digital Small Portable Air Compressor?
When it comes to small portable air compressors, Digital Tire Inflator is among the top options to consider.
The little gems come with 10 pounds in weight and under 10 inches in length.
It means that you will not have a problem moving it from one place to another. This makes it a super convenient choice.
Additionally, its simple, compact solid size makes it the perfect choice for small cars.
Better yet, installing it and using it is an easy process. You just need to turn it on, and you are good to go. This unit also comes with an automatic pump set up.
The only thing you need to do is set up the PSI you desire, switch the pump on and let it pump your tires to the required level. After which it will shut off automatically.
And did I mention that you can use the DC car power outlets? Well, that is another reason you should buy this unit.
Pros and cons of RoadTek RTK-WARP Digital Small Portable Air Compressor
What can RoadTek RTK-WARP Digital Small Portable Air Compressor be used for?
Every car owner deserves to own an air compressor that’s not only easy to use but functional. This is one of the most appropriate small portable air compressors as its both useful and easy to store in your car.
This is a unit that you should not miss in your car. It works perfectly for road emergency settings.
6. Hausbell 3035 Small Portable Air Compressor
Why Taking Hausbell 3035 Small Portable Air Compressor?
If you are looking for a small portable air compressor, then you not need to go further than the Hausbell Air Compressor.
It’s compact and lightweight makes it the appropriate unit for all your car inflation needs. It can be stored in your car and efficiently use whenever the need arises.
However, you should not let the lightweight nature fool you into thinking that you can only use it for small jobs.
Packed with100PSI, this unit can deliver up to 30 liters of air in a minute – which is enough to power medium-duty tasks.
The fact that it also comes with accessories kit makes it convenient for you to use.
The 9 feet power cord can be powered directly through the vehicles outlet. It also has an 8 feet coiled air tube that enables you to reach all the tires effortlessly.
Consequently, you can use the mounted pressure gauge to monitor the pressure on the tires.
Pros and cons of Hausbell Air Compressor
- Will help you inflate up to 31 inches tire
- A portable air compressor that is easy for you to move around
- Comes with accessories that make it a convenient unit for you
- Boasts of an oil-free pump that means your maintenance work is reduced
- A versatile air compressor that provides an opportunity to handle your tasks easily
- You will not have trouble storing the unit as its small in size
- The pump is quite slow which may delay your projects
- It heats up fast which means you can’t use it for heavy inflation jobs
What can Hausbell 3035 Small Portable Air Compressor be used for?
This oil-free air compressor should not miss in your garage.
Its versatility will actually help you deal with most of your inflation needs including inflating bikes, balls, mattresses, and toy.
This is a machine that offers you a wide variety of uses. Its compact carry case makes it safe to move around and store in a vehicle.
7. Ryobi P737+P107 Small Portable Air Compressor
Why Taking Ryobi P737+P107 Small Portable Air Compressor?
One small portable air compressor that is likely to catch your attention is the Ryobi p737+p107.
Its compact and small sized nature makes transporting it a piece of cake. Moreover, the design means that you will have the easiest time finding storage space for this little unit.
For a comfortable and stable grip, it comes with a pistol grip handle.
Another feature that makes this air compressor to stand out is the pressure gauge. This compressors pressure gauge is pretty accessible and readable, and as such, it gives you an easier time in ensuring that you get the needed levels.
Working at a maximum range of 150psi, you can use it on a large number of air tools.
The surprising 20-inch long air hose is a welcome addition as it ensures that all your car tires are easily accessed.
Pros and cons of Ryobi P737+P107
- Comes with lithium plus batteries for supreme performance
- The pistol grip handle makes it easy to use it
- A convenient air compressor that you can use for most of your inflation tasks
- Takes a short time for you to fill up a tire
- A handy tool that is light enough to carry around
- Provides two types of charges for 12v and 110v for easy access to power
- You will need to buy the battery charger separately
- You cannot use it for your larger jobs but functions perfectly for smaller ones.
What can Ryobi P737+P107 Small Portable Air Compressor be used for?
Any individual who has inflation tasks will have a field day with this small portable air compressor.
This is a well-built air compressor that works on offering you the best functionality. It is capable of handling most of your inflation needs without a flinch.
A video about Ryobi P737+P107 Small Portable Air Compressor:
The Bottom Line
A small portable air compressor is a necessary tool for any DIY-er, enthusiast and car owners.
It not only allows you to be in charge of the condition of your car tires but also gives you an easy time in getting most inflation jobs around your home done effortlessly.